Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Places to List an Atom For Sale?

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post
    Sorry for the Hijack, RyanD. On the Other forum there's a plated AA2 300 going for $47k and change. Appears mostly stock. You're asking ~60k. It's hard to gauge what the market thinks a supercharger upgrade and is worth, even with all the detail required to bring Brammo's Ecotec up to snuff.
    That looks like a base 205HP car. A lot fewer options and 14k miles. $47k sounds about right to me.

Country
    United States
    Right, a Base 205 was virtually the same as the Brammo "300" besides a pulley, 4 injectors and a less-than–stellar tune. All of which would be replaced (among other things) with the same supercharger upgrade you performed, right?

Seems I remember some of those dynos on the early "300s" too... Like 220whp the first pull, then 200, then 180 then the exhaust melts and scorches the frame/license plate while the pedestrian "205" made 220whp pretty much every pull without the excessive IAT2s.

Either way, if you want your Atom to sell now, lower the price. Otherwise enjoy your Atom and in the meantime keep it listed for sale for the same price and put away money and bide your time to check off your Supercar Bucket List. The list of supercars you've mentioned in the other thread will depreciate all the more or be replaced with 'better' cars at the same price point you discussed.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    My car was originally a 205, so I'm well aware of that. How many buyers are going to do enough research to find out that a 300 doesn't make 300HP? At this point, they would have to dig deep to find that info. They have seen 300's in magazines, tv shows, etc. and they want a 300.

I've bumped my supercar price range up closer to $100k. As long as I can find the right car that won't depreciate quickly, the price isn't that important. There is an F430 for $88k locally. It won't depreciate much from there, but the maintenance could be a killer. And the F1 transmission isn't that great. But it's a Ferrari...

Country
    United States
    You got me there. I have no idea what people research when it comes to sports cars. I would research it, but I'm not normal. All of the Atom Owners I met back at Atomfest(s) and a couple other track events were all pretty down-to-earth people, but beyond that, I'm isolated in my short-bus state, being the only Atom here for the last 10 years and I don't have a good feel for what other Atom owners' reasons for buying their cars were.

With today's price points for out-the-door Atoms it's entirely possible it's the crowd with too much money that want a shiny new "Atom 300" toy to parade around this week who'll sell it a year later.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    I consider myself good at research, but I'm not sure I would find the power issues with the 300 if I were searching now. Most of the discussions are 5-10 years ago.

I have been trying to explain the issue to people that have contacted me about my car. I think I'll add it to the Ebay listing when I relist it.

Country
    United States
    Stage 2 and 3 brammo tunes also had the dual pass end plates.

I have found, if the intercooler pump is properly operating and circulating,and the laminova tubes are properly installed..and the cooling fan on the forward heat exchanger is functioning properly,and fuel pressures are where they belong (no gaskets clogging up fuel pumps) the different HP stages do indeed make a difference in actual HP.
    My "300" hp Atom2 stock stage 3 brammo tune that is in the "Doc" Atom,with a little better than stock exhaust muffler, makes 255whp. and air/fuel ratio numbers,IATs and exhaust temps are well within safe levels when used on track.
    My Atom2 (Max) with the stage 2 brammo tune setup,with a better muffler and air filter setup, makes 235whp and is also safe to use on track with my foot to the floor most of the time.
    Many of the brammo Atom cars had issues with the intercooler system not functioning,and IATs would dramatically rise, which caused the ECUs to retard timing and make excessive exhaust heat and not make the HP numbers they were suppose to. A shame..but that's what happened,and brammo was getting out of the Atom building business and they could not have cared any less about HP issues or anything else for that matter...

I am amazed how well both my cars run on stock GM tunes,once you get the brammo bugs out.
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; February 25, 2016 at 07:44 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    You have to sell your car RyanD it's not going to sell itself.

As McFred pointed out, the majority of buyers are wealthy, $80k or $40k is not a big deal to them, and they're not your target audience, you need a buyer who's barely able to afford the car, and therefore your car is at the top of their price point, meaning that a new atom isn't even on their radar...AND then you're going to have to convince them that your car is BY FAR and away the best used atom for sale at the moment, short of that, your car won't sell for the asking price because you aren't actively trying to sell it.

When my car was for sale I spoke to any an every person who showed interest in the atom, anyone who made a post saying "wtb" I would PM them my information and strike up a conversation, I probably spoke to 20 people or more, after a while I gave up, and then the buyer found me and was very interested in the fact that I had done all the upgrades to help with reliability and power...and the windshield was probably one of the bigger sales factors.

You should have your full sale listing here, with all the pros and cons of the stock brammo versus your upgrades, you should prove to the lurker that your car is THE car to buy. All I have seen from you is bumping your ebay post which is useless, hope that helps.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    If I get in a hurry to sell it, I'll drop the price a bit and it will sell. I've already had some decent offers. I want to get it in front of people that aren't specifically looking for one. That's why I'm looking for other good sites to list it on. I'll take it to some local car gatherings as soon as the weather warms up. There is snow on the ground right now.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    I think ebay is going to net the lowest payout. The car requires too much explanation to build value, no one will understand on a website...except this one, which is why your for sale posting should be here and extremely specific

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    The highest payout would be to sell it to someone in my state that knows they can easily register it. I would put it on consignment at a local dealer, but they charge 7% (around $4000). I don't think I would get enough more at a dealer to justify that.

The Auburn Spring Auction is May 5-7. It only costs $100 to put it in the car corral. Now that would be fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast