Thread: Goldfinger resurfaces!

Country
    United States

Goldfinger resurfaces!

I was wondering where Goldfinger was hiding..I sold it a few of years ago about this time of year...chassis #121..the highest priced/highest optioned Atom2 ever built. I saw a 2007 Atom2 on Ebay for sale...with every single option Goldfinger had..only this one was white framed...and has a TVS and Quaife 6 speed option..so I wasn't really thinking it could be Goldfinger...but then I saw it had three prior owners..checked the serial number..and lo and behold..it is Goldfinger!!!!....only now painted white..and modded. Well...I guess it was bound to happen..no longer original...makes me sad. A nice car..but not The Goldfinger.....

Link to ebay auction..Ariel Ariel Atom 2 | eBay
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; December 27, 2015 at 09:25 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    The white does look good with the CF!

Country
    United States
    Yes it does..but if I were to go through all that bother I'd paint it bright red! I always thought Randys red framed car was quite a standout,and with all the CF that Goldfinger..err.. Whitefinger has, a red frame would be my choice. Redfinger..? Oh well. So long, my old friend "Goldfinger"...rest in peace. A car is only original once. I'm not really into collecting but those that do place quite a large premium on originality. Ah well..time marches on..
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; December 27, 2015 at 09:06 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    I saw that listing a few days ago. Buy It Now was $72k, but now it has met the reserve price.

Country
    United States
    Someone put a LOT of money into it...they must have completely disassembled the entire car, including the suspension,to paint it all white.Plus, the Quaife 6 speed conversion and TVS install..new exhaust,new wheels/tires..I didn't even recognize the car as the old Goldfinger..but sadly,it is.. Vins don't lie..
    If it's met the reserve looks like it will sell..however, eBay is never a sure thing till the cash is in hand and the item is gone. I wonder if the new prospective owner has been told just how modified the car is...the way the ad is worded,you would never know it has been through such a HUGE transformation. I sold it because I couldn't dare desecrate it from being an all original, highest optioned, factory built turn key car...and 3 short years later after I sold it, it has become a different car altogether, and once again for sale. I did email the owner with some history of the car..but I doubt he/she cares.When one is selling, it's all about the money. Looks like I owned the car the longest so far, at 4 years in length..such a beautiful car Goldfinger was..! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it's true..but part of that beauty was the fact that it was an all original, one off fully optioned factory car...in my eyes it was a perfect example Atom2 to keep original. Much too rare to turn into a hotrod. Oh well..such is life. Maybe there is a little collector blood in me after all… It really doesn't feel like 3 years ago I sold the car..such denial...
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; December 27, 2015 at 09:29 AM.