Thread: Eddie FourFather Hill and his 2016 Ariel Atom Turbo at Eagles Canyon Raceway

Country
    United States

Eddie FourFather Hill and his 2016 Ariel Atom Turbo at Eagles Canyon Raceway

Wonderful December weather in Decatur Texas, perfect time to check out my new 2016 Ariel Atom Turbo, on track.

Big fun!

Eddie FourFather Hill
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha

Country
    United States
    Lucky guy! Car looks great! I like the black frame. I'd be tempted to paint those Keizers black for the full blown dark horse look. Are you on Hoosier A7's?
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Looks like fun Eddie. How do your lap times compare?

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    Lucky guy! Car looks great! I like the black frame. I'd be tempted to paint those Keizers black for the full blown dark horse look. Are you on Hoosier A7's?
    I do have some all-black Keizers that will look good on the car. This great December weather kinda caught me by surprise, and all I had to put on the car on short notice was some worn out A-6's that were made in the summer of 2013. So considering the past-their-prime tires, relatively cool track, and me not being used to the new power and extra mid range, I am pretty pleased so far.

The Turbo 2.4 definitely has NOTICEABLY more midrange power than my 2.0 supercharged car, yet the power delivery is smoother with the turbo, and encourages more throttle, sooner, in the corners, without tire spin. So it is easier to get your drive out of the corners started sooner, and yet not as apt to spin the rears and oversteer, like my supercharged 2.0 tries to do, if I get on the throttle too much or too soon. This new Turbo has almost the exact opposite of the power delivery of the older generation of turbos and turbocharged cars, where they were relatively weak until the boost hit, then wheelspin-prone. On track, or on the limited street driving I've done with this new Turbo Atom, I have not noticed ANY turbo lag.

That new Borg Warner EFR (Engineered For Racing) turbo is a fantastic piece of equipment, and kudos to TMI for their choice, and their setup, with the two extra radiators, etc., and their conservative and very driver-friendly tuning. Good job, guys!

Cheers, and Merry Christmas!!
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha