Thread: Nomad pricing difference from UK vs US

Up Quark
    Country
    United States

Nomad pricing difference from UK vs US

What is the reason for the large price difference in the UK and US versions of the nomad? It looks like the UK nomad starts at 33,000 euro or about 36,000 in dollars (per google currency conversion) and the US version starts at $80,000. Maybe I'm missing something?

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    That's why I asked why not buy one from UK or Scotland and ship it over here. Even if shipping is 5k your still doing well

Ion
    Country
    United States
    I'm guessing one reason is because of the lawsuit happy people that were never taught to accept responsibility for their own actions in our USA

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by planters49 View Post
    What is the reason for the large price difference in the UK and US versions of the nomad? It looks like the UK nomad starts at 33,000 euro or about 36,000 in dollars (per google currency conversion) and the US version starts at $80,000. Maybe I'm missing something?
    Isn't it 33,000 British Pounds (not Euros)? Google has that currently at $47k USD. Which is still significantly less than what they are asking for the Nomad. Having just sold my Atom, I would love to get a Nomad in a few years, but the current price is cost prohibitive to my budget.

Fermion
    Country
    UK
    i think 33000 would be a very base price. i think most UK Nomads with extras, legal on the road would be arround 50000

the is a UK Nomad for sale in a garage in UK. Quite good spek ready to go for 55000 and that is about 5000 over list price but no waiting
    Last edited by Rocket Man; June 4, 2016 at 04:03 AM.

Down Quark
    Country
    United States
    Per TMI's newsletter, look at what the American Nomad is coming equipped with. These are no cost options, each one of these components (minus motor and transmission) would be an up-charge for the European versions:

Nomad Standard Equipment