Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's up with skunkwurxs?!?!

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Tried to contact you via your website. Glad to know that you are in business and are available to fulfill my order if ever need be.
    Can you please PM me your email address so I can email you directly. Not sure what this app stuff is all about.
    Still in between the solo wing from you guys and the circo wing. I think your wing conforms better with the car and the contoured front wing rocks! But the rear wing almost fits the car too well causing it to nearly disappear which is the opposite objective that I am trying to accomplish. I want the wing to look like it belongs on the car, but stand out! I am thinking that a 5" adaptor would fix this problem if applicable to your wing kits.
    The circo wing stands out much more which I like, but seems as if it does not belong on the car (straight and not contoured). With that being said I am pretty confident that the circo wing provides more function and down force than the solo wing does. Not sure how important this is as I won't be tracking the car much at all.
    Main objective is to make my Atom look cooler and less of a go kart!

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Elonheater32 View Post
    Tried to contact you via your website. Glad to know that you are in business and are available to fulfill my order if ever need be.
    Can you please PM me your email address so I can email you directly. Not sure what this app stuff is all about.
    Still in between the solo wing from you guys and the circo wing. I think your wing conforms better with the car and the contoured front wing rocks! But the rear wing almost fits the car too well causing it to nearly disappear which is the opposite objective that I am trying to accomplish. I want the wing to look like it belongs on the car, but stand out! I am thinking that a 5" adaptor would fix this problem if applicable to your wing kits.
    The circo wing stands out much more which I like, but seems as if it does not belong on the car (straight and not contoured). With that being said I am pretty confident that the circo wing provides more function and down force than the solo wing does. Not sure how important this is as I won't be tracking the car much at all.
    Main objective is to make my Atom look cooler and less of a go kart!
    Hi Matt,
    Just traced your email. I replied to it on 30th November 2015, it was sent to the email address mattcthompson-at-hotmail.com (the -at- being replaced with @ ofcourse) with the following reply:

"Hi matt,
    The wing size is the same as the factory OEM front wing.
    To install the front wing you only need the front towing eye bracket. You may have this already fitted on your car but if not we can supply it. You can check by looking underneath the nose of the car and seeing if the black metal bracket is present in front of the radiator.

Fitting the front wing and the towing eye bracket is fairly straightforward, and we can talk you through it. The only slightly difficult bit is having to loosen the radiator hoses to to allow the butterfly brackets for the towing eye bracket to be fitted, after which you may need to bleed the radiator if air gets in.

If you have whatsapp on your cell phone by all means you can message me on +44 XXXX XX XX XX for a faster response and I am more than happy to send you installation pictures. The website is just being updated at the moment and we should have installation guides up soon on it.

If you register an account on the website and email me/text me your email address I that you used on the website I will update your account to VIP status so you see discounted prices on all the products. The website bills in GBP so the exact price depends on the exchange rate at the time of the order.

The wings are in stock and we ship by FedEx IP to the USA, and the goods usually get to customers within 2-3 working days of us shipping them.

Let me know if you have any further questions or if you would like to see more pictures of any if the products. "

Not sure why you haven't received it. Is the email address you submitted correct? It didn't bounce back so I imagine it did get delivered somewhere. You can contact me directly at sales@skunkwurx.co or on the number I posted above.

With regards to your query, if you want the rear wing to stand out more then I'd suggest going for the Duo version, its slightly wider so looks a bit more substantial on the car. As far as downforce goes, to be honest the wing where it sits doesn't get enough clean air to generate any significant amount of aero grip. If you do track the car and want more downforce at the back then the best way to do this on the atom is to mount the wing a few inches higher (we can supply taller vertical brackets). A few people in the UK have done this with great feedback. This also will have the desired effect of making the wing stand out more!

With regards to the Circo wing, I'm not sure what the profile of the aerofoil they use is so can't really comment on how effective it is in comparison. Contrary to what most people believe, it's the actual cross-section shape of the aerofoil that has the greatest influence on determining how the air will separate when it hits the wing and in turn causes the difference in pressures above and below the wing, which causes the effect of downforce (or lift in the case of aeroplanes). One of the biggest gripes with the atom is the lack of body panels which on race cars are used to direct the air to where its needed. In the design of our rear wings we tried to follow the shape of the engine cover to try to catch the air that would be coming off from these and on the Solo wing the cross section profile of the aerofoil changes at these places to try to work this air effectively. This was the only solution we could find to problem the inherent nature of the car has with regards to aero without raising the wing higher. It is usually more desirable to catch the air coming off the car rather than clean air higher up, as this is usually more predictable and going faster if routed properly on the car.

I will post some pictures up in a bit so you can compare the two wings, and also so you can see the contour of the front wing a bit better (the Solo front wing is the same as the Duo but without the winglets).
    My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
    Ariel Atom Parts and Upgrades / Race Technology Dash2

Country
    UK
    Wing Pictures

My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
    Ariel Atom Parts and Upgrades / Race Technology Dash2

Fermion
    Country
    UK
    I do like those duo wings but I do think the end plates on the front wing should have a bit more curves to the shape to match the rear duo wing end plates. It all looks nice but just too angular on those plates. Just my opinion for what its worth

jid
    Blind Apex
    Country
    United States
    Adding to the Skunkwurx discussion, love my CF steering wheel. Much more than the stocker or the cut wheel I was using for a while. It shipped fast and was easy to install.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Hey thanks a ton for the info.... Very helpful. I checked my email again for that date and .... Nothing. No idea what happened!
    I will get in touch with you directly. I really like the idea of the duo wing with more vertical height!

Ion
    Country
    United States
    I attempted to contact Skunkwurx through their link on the website, no response so I scrolled to the bottom of their home page & found their email address, I sent a couple of questions and received my answers back within a couple of hours, then I placed an order through their website for the Duo wing, crosshatch mounts, W bracket, black license plate frame / bracket and the front tow hook/wing bracket
    This is the email that worked for me
    Sales@skunkwurx.co

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123