Thread: Tell me about your tires?

Up Quark
    Country
    United States

Tell me about your tires?

I have an Atom 3 that came with 15" yokohama s-drive tires. fronts are 195/50r 15, rears are 205/55r15. I run with 21lbs pressure in all 4 tires.
    I am considering new tires for the car. I only drive when the weather is fair (no rain). I am thinking about getting the new Yokohama ao48 or Toyo 888.
    I want more dry traction. Are these good choices or are there better tires that I don't know about.
    Also, would wider tires help with dry traction on the Atom. What tire pressure do you run and why?
    All responses are appreciated.

I live in East Tennessee. Anyone close by?

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    The latest crop of autocross street tires are more grippy then the A048 or R888, especially for daily/road driving. I would recommend the RE71R or Rival S. (I have RE71Rs on my car)

The R888 or A048 would only be preferable if you needed them to withstand the heat of long track sessions.

Others often just daily drive on R-comps such as a Hoosier A7 or Hankook Z214 C71 compound.

The more rubber you can fit the better, although it can mess with the balance if you only increase the rear tire width.

Current setup on my car is RE71Rs 205 front 245 rear, 13 psi front 21 psi rear.

Would really like a 225 front 255/275 rear, but local club restrictions have been keeping me from removing fenders and being permitted to run at events.

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Thanks 762. I purchased a set of BF Goodrich rival s tires. I can't believe the difference! It's a huge upgrade for my atom. Thanks for your reply and good tire advice.

Lurker
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bill5678 View Post
    Thanks 762. I purchased a set of BF Goodrich rival s tires. I can't believe the difference! It's a huge upgrade for my atom. Thanks for your reply and good tire advice.
    Curious what size Rival S's you purchased...not seeing sizes that would fit stock 3S wheels.