Thread: How to protect front wing?

Lepton
    Country
    United States

How to protect front wing?

I wrapped my front wing and repainted the end plates last year, but it is already showing wear from scraping. There are two separate issues.

The first is that the aluminum end plates are wearing away on the bottom. Blackbird has added a wear plate on their front wing to solve this issue. I could either do that or make the end plates out of a harder material like stainless steel. The end plates are small enough that it wouldn't add a significant amount of weight.

The second issue is the center of the wing scraping on curbs, etc. Has anyone come up with a good solution for this? Extending the end plates lower may help some.

Any other ideas?

"You little punk bitch." -Wade Huisman, Keizer Wheels

Electron
    Country
    United States
    I have the oem front wing from Ariel and don't really have this problem, you may have to raise the ride hight to resolve the problem. The wing design pictured lacks thought for street use, it looks like there is hardly 3" of ground clearance at the end plate.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
    I have the oem front wing from Ariel and don't really have this problem, you may have to raise the ride hight to resolve the problem. The wing design pictured lacks thought for street use, it looks like there is hardly 3" of ground clearance at the end plate.
    I forgot to mention that it's an Ariel UK aluminum wing.
    "You little punk bitch." -Wade Huisman, Keizer Wheels

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    It turns out that I hadn't trimmed enough off the nose cone to be able to raise the wing all the way. Now I have 5" of clearance to the bottom of the end plates. I'll get new end plates made with some sort of protection on the bottom and it should be good.