Thread: Can a Stage 2 Brammo Ecotec be easily brought up Stage 3 specs?

Up Quark
    Country
    United States

Can a Stage 2 Brammo Ecotec be easily brought up Stage 3 specs?

Guys,

I am looking at a nice AA2 that was advertised as being a Stage 3 (300hp) spec, but the build sheet says Stage 2 (245hp).

I'm a performance junkie and I need all 300 ponies. Can it be brought up to Stage 3 performance, and if so, easily or difficult? I could take the car to Sector 111 which is about an hour from my house.

Thanks to all for any pointers. Best regards.

Rob

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    In reality, there is no significant difference between performance of the different Brammo Ecotecs. My car was originally a "205HP" and stayed right behind a "300HP" on track. They also all dyno about the same. As soon as they get warm, the ECU cuts timing. If you want an actual 300HP, you'll need to change the supercharger to a Harrop TVS.

Country
    United States
    Rob,
    i sent you a pm a week ago.. Let me know if you got it. Thanks.

Country
    United States
    If you fix the brammo intercooler wiring and plumbing issues, and put at least a decent muffler on the car, you will see an increase in horsepower between a stage 1, 2 and 3 GM tune. I have swapped a stage 2 tune and a stage 3 tune on the same car, same day, same dyno and the stage 3 tune is good for a 30-35whp bump over the stage 2,with NO increase in EGTs,and safe air/fuel ratios. The problem with the brammo Ecotecs from the "factory" was not the hardware..it was how that hardware was installed..which turned out to be incorrect many times. Once you straighten out those issues, there is a benefit to the different stage tunes.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Guys,

Thank you for the helpful comments. I took the easy way out and just decided to buy an AA3. For me, the right choice was to go with a newer car that would be supported by TMI if/when I break something or need some basic questions answered.
    Now I just gotta find an available transporter to deliver my new baby!

Best regards to all.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    If you fix the brammo intercooler wiring and plumbing issues, and put at least a decent muffler on the car, you will see an increase in horsepower between a stage 1, 2 and 3 GM tune. I have swapped a stage 2 tune and a stage 3 tune on the same car, same day, same dyno and the stage 3 tune is good for a 30-35whp bump over the stage 2,with NO increase in EGTs,and safe air/fuel ratios. The problem with the brammo Ecotecs from the "factory" was not the hardware..it was how that hardware was installed..which turned out to be incorrect many times. Once you straighten out those issues, there is a benefit to the different stage tunes.

I know this is a really old thread but any additional information from other members on how Brammo may have installed the hardware wrong. I am the proud owner of an Atom 2 with the ecotec, with what I think is the 245HP stage 2 on it.

Just curious when I get into it if I should be checking anything that was installed improperly or what is being alluded to here.