Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiring Diagram (specifically chassis)

Electron
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States

Wiring Diagram (specifically chassis)

My dash fuse keeps blowing and we've got the car torn apart trying to find the culprit, has anyone got any diagrams or pointers here?

Called TMI, called Brammo, nobody seems to keep records responsibly and tells us "good luck"

Anyone on here have any expertise they can share?

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bkthomps View Post
    Anyone on here have any expertise they can share?
    I assume this is a Brammo Ecotec and not a Honda? Built date or VIN/PIN needed. Which fuse is blowing, exactly (by position and box)? Does the car have a battery master switch disconnect (red turn handle on the windscreen deck, passenger side)? How soon does the fuse blow - right away, after a period of time, or after you do something like step on the brakes, go into reverse, etc? Does the dash (I assume this is the 2-analog-dial KitDash?) display anything when you start the car?

Electron
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Kitdash2, blows immediately when car powered on, so dash doesn't display anything

Has the red knob battery disconnect, just started doing this. 2amp fuse labeled "dash" in fuse box near battery

Electron
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Serial# 80 Brammo build ecotec

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bkthomps View Post
    Kitdash2, blows immediately when car powered on, so dash doesn't display anything
    With engine off and anti-theft on, does the alarm LED flash on the dash?

Has the red knob battery disconnect, just started doing this. 2amp fuse labeled "dash" in fuse box near battery
    Don't believe the labels. Left or right box, fuse number (1 through 10)?

Did you try the obvious and unplug the dash? There is a very large round connector on the back of the dash. There's a ring on the connector, closest to the dash. It unscrews (a good number of turns) to unplug the connector. Be sure to take the connector straight off and not wiggle it, or you can bend the pins. Might be easier to remove the windscreen deck (remove mirrors* and various 1/8" hex bolts) to get better access / visibility. With the dash disconnected, does the fuse still blow when you turn the car on?

#80 should be late enough that it doesn't have the dash reset kludge but instead has a real fix. [I gave Brammo the kludge design as a quick-and-dirty way of stopping the dash resets until they got updated harnesses from the manufacturer.]

* The "elephant ear" mirrors and the Mirallys use a left-handed thread on one side and use a metric socket if I remember right. The skinny stalk ones use a completely different mounting system which has 2 smaller Allen bolts.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    do the lights still work? specifically the license plate...I can't recall whether this is on the same fuse as the dash, but the wiring can easily get chaffed behind the license plate holder and cause a short

Electron
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    It seems to blow when the red master shut off has power supplied, car will start and run, but dash won't power up and fuse blows

Electron
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    tried removing the two smaller wires on the master battery disconnect, this didn't stop the behavior

here is a video of testing with a multi meter- can anyone else compare their cars for continuity to ground?

here's the video:
    https://youtu.be/1stsHHhPqaA

here's the fuse picture:
    http://i.imgur.com/MmhE2HU.jpg

Country
    United States
    With the dash harness unplugged (like Terry suggested) does the fuse still pop?
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Electron
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    guys i am sorry about the delay, when i get a suggestion from you guys, i have to tell the shop, they are busy, when they get around to it, they try- they haven't tried that yet, they want someone else with an ATOM 2 to test the continuity of the fuse block the way that video shows, madmaxatom- can you possibly do that? you and terry have been most helpful so far

https://youtu.be/1stsHHhPqaA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast