Thread: One Lap Atom at Road Atlanta

Down Quark

One Lap Atom at Road Atlanta

Long time lurker! Video from earlier this year running at Road Atlanta with Chin Motorsports. Running Yokohoma ADO8 R's 205 15's and 225 16's and full GOODAero wing kit. Enjoy!

Country
    United States
    Neato! This is the first video of an Atom at Road Atlanta that I've seen! I really enjoyed your CoTA video in all that water too.

Have you got any general figures regarding an Atom there at RA? What's a decent lap time, approximate terminal velocity, etc.? Did you run out of power or gear on that long back straight?

Any idea of the Atom 3 gear ratios (or gearbox designation) TMI's installing nowadays?

Man that looks like fun! Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by McFred; September 20, 2015 at 11:14 AM.

Down Quark
    I've probably posted 7-10 videos from Road Atlanta on the Youtube over the last two years, but this is the fastest lap I have done to date. On street tires the first lap is a 1:37.** and the second lap is a high 1:35. I know the SRA's were running faster than that with the draft.

Country
    United States
    I notice from the vid that you're in short sleeves with no arm restraints (but with a roll bar) I take it that the safety requirements are not very strict? My, there is a lot of vertical concrete, isn't there?

Down Quark
    At HPDE events the drivers take responsibility for their own safety. I only wear arm restraints, driving suit, etc when it is required by the sanctioning body. Road Atlanta has a lot of concrete, but no more than Sebring, Palmer, and many of the other great laps around the US.