Thread: Honda Project 2&4

Electron
    Country
    United States

Honda Project 2&4

This looks interesting. Could use some provisions for driver safety, but still a neat concept.

Honda Project 2&4 concept has 212 hp, 893 lbs, and our hearts

"The Project 2&4's floating seating design simultaneously evokes both a sport bike and a go-kart. There's no dashboard or windshield at all, and the driver simply gets a steering wheel and a glass panel for the instruments. It's hard to imagine pairing things down much more than this, especially since the whole vehicle weighs just 893 pounds.

The concept's other major piece of motorcycle DNA is the mid-mounted 1.0-liter V4 sourced from Honda's RC213V that races in MotoGP. Tuned here for road use, it puts down over 212 horsepower when spinning at 13,000 rpm, and peak torque of 87 pound-feet hits at a still stellar 10,500 rpm. The redline is at a stratospheric 14,000 rpm. The high-revving engine bangs through the gears through a six-speed dual clutch transmission."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Looks incredible, but wow, I would feel so exposed. Wonder if they'll take a trade-in...

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Ho Hum, the mighty Honda empire can only come up with this to rival the Ariel. Even with the Moto GP engine which they admit probably wouldn't make production it would have a hard time staying with the new turbo Ariel. Try to get that one registered with that seat configuration what a nightmare.

Country
    United States
    This will NEVER be available, other than a one off concept.. (but it is very cool..)
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Honduh
    Unfortunately, the Project 2&4 has zero provisions for even a modicum of driver safety...
    Their rendering has brakes, a steering wheel and seat belt... don't those have a lot to do with 'safety?' To me it looks like there's a lot more 'safety provisions' than you'd normally find on a Honduh motorcycle, so what am I missing?

Safety mongers, cry me a river. pthbp

Electron
    Country
    United States
    It's the baster child of a cross bow and slingshot.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    More pictures and a video from the 2015 Frankfurt Motor show. I'm really liking this thing.

Honda Project 2&4 is our kind of sidecar sideshow [w/video]

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Some stills from the video.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    And some of the other designs from Honda's internal design competition that didn't make the cut