Thread: Took delivery!!!

Up Quark
    Country
    United States

Took delivery!!!

I just took delivery of my Atom. What an experience driving it on the road. My only other experience driving the Atom was on a track. I worry about big SUV's and trucks not being able to see me. I don't like driving it on the interstate either.
    What about you with more experience with the car. Any tips for a new owner?
    Where do you keep registration papers and personal belongings when you drive?
    Do you use hearing protection? What about clothing?
    Any comments, thoughts are appreciated.
    Thanks

Congrats and welcome to the community!! I wouldn't worry about it people definitely notice an Atom on the road! Just don't go looking for semis! I've been keeping papers in a binder or in a backpack recently but I plan on making something to hold those things and mount it under the seat. I don't use hearing protection, the noise isn't that loud. As for clothing just normal clothes and a good pair of driving shoes (nothing too clunky as the pedals are pretty close together) Aside from that just get out there and enjoy the car! Post up some pictures when you can.

Cheers,

Chris

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bill5678 View Post
    I just took delivery of my Atom. What an experience driving it on the road. My only other experience driving the Atom was on a track. I worry about big SUV's and trucks not being able to see me. I don't like driving it on the interstate either.
    What about you with more experience with the car. Any tips for a new owner?
    Where do you keep registration papers and personal belongings when you drive?
    Do you use hearing protection? What about clothing?
    Any comments, thoughts are appreciated.
    Thanks
    I always wore earplugs, then moved onto using earbuds as I had my phone running music and navigation....After adding the windshield the earbuds were plenty to keep out the wind noise...do you have the windshield or bubbles?

clothes I usually wore tshirt and shorts in Texas it get's HOT.....where are you located?

I bought a bicycle bag and hung it under the dash, it held the paperwork, but I also had the center cubby between the seats I could use...the bag velcroed around the top cross member that was a great place as the dash covered it from occasional rain as well.

Country
    United States
    I never spec-ed a windscreen so a helmet and earplugs are always used.

Jeans and a t-shirt if it's warm.
    Add a jacket, scarf, balaclava, gloves, etc. depending on how cold it is.
    Judicious application of sunscreen to exposed skin.

I photo-reduced the registration to fit in my wallet along with the insurance. If I have junk to lug it's in a backpack bungeed to the seat or in the passenger footwell.

I never had a problem with being next to the semi-trucks, for the most part they are predictable. Driving in straight lines for hours a day is their job. It's the other inattentive knobs out there on their phones that give me the willies. I generally feel no different in an Atom than I am on a motorcycle, at least in terms of feeling exposed