Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Very strange problem, hoping someone can point me right direction...

Country
    United States
    Hey, you get all the brownie points for DIY! Much of the car modding is way over my head to DIY.

The SRA has an oil pressure displayed on the dash 2. I drop out of VTEC when it shows about 30psi, and it's always in turns. Accusump fixes pressure drops, no falling out of VTEC ever, no time dipping under 30 PSI. Hope this info helps.

I can also send you a photo of the rear of my car, maybe it helps you sort out how to install the Accusump. The SRA does have an external oil cooler, so it might be different routing.

SAD
    Particle
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
    Hey, you get all the brownie points for DIY! Much of the car modding is way over my head to DIY.

The SRA has an oil pressure displayed on the dash 2. I drop out of VTEC when it shows about 30psi, and it's always in turns. Accusump fixes pressure drops, no falling out of VTEC ever, no time dipping under 30 PSI. Hope this info helps.

I can also send you a photo of the rear of my car, maybe it helps you sort out how to install the Accusump. The SRA does have an external oil cooler, so it might be different routing.
    If mine is half-bad, I feel like I drop out of iVTEC. This is just a guess based solely upon my seat-of-the-pants meter is feeling a loss of power.
    if mine is all-the-way bad, it just goes into limp mode and requires a restart of the engine to get it back to normal.

I would love pics of your car. Would really help me get started. And Ill be documenting mine as I go along.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Do you run 1 quart high of oil to help with the problem for when someone doesnt have a better sump etc

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanhiggins2002 View Post
    Do you run 1 quart high of oil to help with the problem for when someone doesnt have a better sump etc
    Yes, it's pretty much a rule. It will starve really bad if you run it at full mark. I run ~1/2 QT over full, even with the Accusump.

I also run 50 weight oil to bump pressure up. Both help a lot but only Accusump will cure it if you use wide Hoosier A7s.

SAD
    Particle
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanhiggins2002 View Post
    yup. 1/2 to 3/4

I have a 2009 AA3 and there was no sump baffle installed. I have never had a problem, but installed one as a preventive measure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234