Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Very strange problem, hoping someone can point me right direction...

SAD
    Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Ok.... I’m a half retard... what if I go ALL IN.....?

Thoughts?

Dailey Engineering K-Series Dry Sump | 4 Piston Racing

or

https://www.atpower.com/products/hon...k24-integrated

Any others that should be considered? Accumulator and dry sump together? Accumulator to cure the dry starts.

Country
    United States
    You wouldn't be the first. Richard has that Dailey dry sump setup. He did have to cut the frame to fit it!

I've never seen anyone attempt to fit dry sump and an accumulator on the same car. Have fun fitting it all in on an Atom, you're going to have oil tanks sticking out of the car Mad Max style. I suppose you can fit quite a lot of if you give up on the passenger seat, I think Richard got rid of his.

SAD
    Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by cvjoint View Post
    You wouldn't be the first. Richard has that Dailey dry sump setup. He did have to cut the frame to fit it!

I've never seen anyone attempt to fit dry sump and an accumulator on the same car. Have fun fitting it all in on an Atom, you're going to have oil tanks sticking out of the car Mad Max style. I suppose you can fit quite a lot of if you give up on the passenger seat, I think Richard got rid of his.
    I'm just nuts enough to try it... Especially interesting in the very compact ATPower version which uses the internal chain to drive it. Hmmmmmm........

SAD
    Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    So.......... Fo you guys with Accusump (or any other brand for that matter) a few questions if you don't mind.

1) Size of tank?
    2) Manual valve or electric?
    3) If electric Pro version (offered by Canton Racing for example) what pressure rating did you get?
    4) Are you running a remote filter configuration? Or the 'spin-on' filter configuration (as defined by figures 2 and 3 here -> https://www.cantonracingproducts.com...structions.pdf)
    5) If running the spin-on oil filter config (fig 3 from link above) where did you connect the oil line from accusump in to the system?

Hopefully not too many questions.... trying to learn and understand! Thanks in advance.

SAD
    Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SAD View Post
    So.......... Fo you guys with Accusump (or any other brand for that matter) a few questions if you don't mind.

1) Size of tank?
    2) Manual valve or electric?
    3) If electric Pro version (offered by Canton Racing for example) what pressure rating did you get?
    4) Are you running a remote filter configuration? Or the 'spin-on' filter configuration (as defined by figures 2 and 3 here -> https://www.cantonracingproducts.com...structions.pdf)
    5) If running the spin-on oil filter config (fig 3 from link above) where did you connect the oil line from accusump in to the system?

Hopefully not too many questions.... trying to learn and understand! Thanks in advance.
    bump???

Hoping someone has some helpful experience with the questions above... because I fully believe the vendor's answers will be "whichever costs more" lol

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    that's funny but probably true..

SAD
    Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Well I ordered. 2 quart. Electric/race quick recovery valve. 35-40 psi (probably incorrect, but I can exchange). Haven’t worked out all the mapping and line routing, but thinking of t-fitting on cooler return line to engine block.

Probably forgetting something.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Pls keep us posted. This is something I'm contemplating if I move up to a built motor and more serious aero.

Country
    United States
    Accumulators are tricky, you have to know what you want from them to spec it. For example, I went with the 55-60psi valve because I want to maintain higher oil pressure in general. The risk is that it will completely deplete as it starts pumping oil into the engine earlier than the 35-40 psi. There is a higher risk of running out of oil, but if you don't, the bearings will thank you as there is always a higher pressure. My shop uses 35-40 on their S2000 but there are other S2000s that use 55-60psi. There is no right or wrong between these. Our oil pumps might be different. Our ability to fit a bigger tank might be different. Then you figure some choices are related, I got the higher PSI valve, but I also went with the 3qt tank, so there is more oil. I also thought 35-40 PSI is a bit too low, my engine falls out of VTEC at 30 PSI and there is a risk the accumulator will not work fast enough once it dips under 35psi. My point is that it's very tricky, and my way might not be the right way for you.

I found the Accusump customer service to be very helpful. I got a lot of guidance from them when my shop didn't know what to choose, and some of it is based on what I just said. I don't think it's fair to say they are motivated by money, they were just concerned with picking the right accessories and tank. They never tried to upsell me on mounts or better gauges, but I bought them anyway. I believe it's all top notch product for the dollar and don't mind supporting them.
    Last edited by cvjoint; October 21, 2019 at 03:53 PM.

SAD
    Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    IMG_5643.HEIC.jpg

I'm now at a point where all of these small projects start to collide and end up being one giant cluster-freeze of a single project that will make a mess of my car and garage LOL

First and foremost.... get a manual gauge installed and see what it's reporting under a variety of conditions before making any changes to the car or adding the accusump (despite the fact that it's sitting on my living room floor taunting me)

Ignore the spider's web of wires.... this is just wired up to make sure it is working prior to me buttoning it up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast