Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Blackbird Fabworx Atom Aero Package

Gluon
    Country
    American Samoa
    yeahhhhhh...talking about downforce and workmanship !

I'm actually pretty impressed with the final product. Looks much better than I expected. Would love more pictures if you have any others.

Thanks,

Chris

Country
    United States
    Finally managed to find a moment sit down and write everything up, this is our busiest time of the year before a major event that we're participating in at Laguna Seca

Pics of the DF1000X kit -

Key features of the DF1000X kit -

* Blackbird Fabworx designed universal mounting system which is a direct bolt on.
    * Kit uses race proven APR Performance dual element GT-1000 wings (69"W front, 71"W rear), made out of high quality pre-preg carbon fiber.
    * Blackbird Fabworx uprights are knife edged to reduce drag (front and rear).
    * Blackbird Fabworx 3D front end plates include easily replaceable Aluminum rub strips for an occasional scuff.
    * Blackbird Fabworx rear end plates have a built in Gurney flap.
    * Does not require any factory optional item.
    * High grade hardware included down to the last bolt and nut.
    * All fabricated parts are finished with high quality powder coating* as standard, many options to choose from at no charge including the ability to have parts powder coated two different colors (as shown in the pics)!

Price for DF1000X front wing kit only - $5325
    Price for DF1000X rear wing kit only - $4655
    Price for complete DF1000X - $9730 ($250 discount!)

Pics of the DF500 kit -

Key features of the DF500 kit -

* Blackbird Fabworx designed universal mounting system which is a direct bolt on.
    * Kit uses race proven APR Performance single element GT-250 wings (69"W front, 71"W rear), made out of high quality pre-preg carbon fiber.
    * Blackbird Fabworx uprights are knife edged to reduce drag (front and rear).
    * Blackbird Fabworx 3D front end plates include easily replaceable Aluminum rub strips for an occasional scuff.
    * Blackbird Fabworx rear end plates have a built in Gurney flap.
    * Does not require any factory optional item.
    * High grade hardware included down to the last bolt and nut.
    * All fabricated parts are finished with high quality powder coating* as standard, many options to choose from at no charge including the ability to have parts powder coated two different colors (as shown in the pics)!

Price for DF500 front wing kit only - $4345
    Price for DF500 rear wing kit only - $3750
    Price for complete DF500 - $7845 ($250 discount!)

Pricing does not include CA sales tax for in state buyers or shipping.
    Please allow 4-6 weeks between payment and shipment.
    * Aluminum rub strips are not powder coated to reduce the cost of replacement.
    Last edited by Blackbird Fabworx; September 19, 2015 at 08:43 AM.

Gluon
    Country
    American Samoa
    It was so nice before until you posted the cost!
    06Arielatom likes this.

Country
    United States
    Heh, good things cost money.
    If I understood correctly the factory wings cost $6k and don't do much, so $1845 more for something that does a lot more isn't bad at all

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Has anyone tried adding a rub strip to the bottom of the center of the front wing? That seems to be where mine rubs most often.

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird Fabworx View Post
    Heh, good things cost money.
    If I understood correctly the factory wings cost $6k and don't do much, so $1845 more for something that does a lot more isn't bad at all
    Many people do not get the factory wings because they are so expensive.

I was/am really interested in the setup, but the price difference between even the DF500 kit and its CIRO or GOODAero competitors makes it a tough pill to swallow.

Great looking product though, thanks for supporting the Atom community.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 762 View Post
    Many people do not get the factory wings because they are so expensive.

I was/am really interested in the setup, but the price difference between even the DF500 kit and its CIRO or GOODAero competitors makes it a tough pill to swallow.

Great looking product though, thanks for supporting the Atom community.
    I can't speak for other vendors but I know for fact that before deciding to work with us my customer did get a price for a kit comparable to the DF500 (in terms of single element CF wing front and rear) from one of the vendors you mentioned above and the price that was quoted was in fact $8K, and IIRC that was relying on the factory front brace serving as the mount (which our kit doesn't).
    So, at least there, I know for fact that our pricing is entirely in the ball park and maybe even a touch lower.

At any rate, we would love to see more of our kits out there and will be open to entertain the option of a small additional discount to a couple of early adopters that will get the car out on track and put it to the test.
    So if you're serious about potentially purchasing a kit, send a PM

Country
    United States
    I have been asked on a PM what is the width of the wings which I forgot putting in the post above (will edit in a sec).

The main airfoil on the front wing is 69" wide, same on the DF1000X and the DF500.
    The secondary elements on the DF1000X front wing are 20" wide.
    The 3D end plates add approximately 1" of width on each side, bringing the total width of the front wing to ~71".

The rear wing width is 71" on either kit, and with the end plates having a ~0.5" Gurney flap the total width to ~72".
    Last edited by Blackbird Fabworx; September 19, 2015 at 08:50 AM.

Down Quark
    FYI anyone can purchase the AA3 front subframe that has the wing mount directly from TMI for around $400

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast