Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Blackbird Fabworx Atom Aero Package

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Got any pictures of the finished product yet!? And also any plans on front wing yet?

Country
    United States
    No pics yet, because some of the parts have yet to arrive from the machine shop.
    The full kit includes a front wing as well, but those who wish to purchase rear wing only will be able to do so.
    The car that we're doing all the design on is getting the full kit, so you'll be able to see it all and decide
    Pics of everything coming in the next few days.

MadMax, haven't weighed them, I'll try to put them on the scale when I get to the shop on Monday.
    Last edited by Blackbird Fabworx; August 15, 2015 at 09:43 AM.

Up Quark
    Country
    Canada
    Really interested in these for my Spec Racer that lives too far from anywhere to spec race. Just thought I'd show some appreciation....

Country
    United States
    Your appreciation is appreciated

No really, car communities tend to "gang up on the newbies", especially when the newbies are vendors that come up with something new or different.
    Hard for users to embrace unfamiliar stuff
    I've been through that with other car communities before, after a while folks usually realize that we're actually doing nice stuff and start liking the idea of having a knowledgeable helpful vendor around to support their niche of the world.

Country
    United States
    I realized I have not put any numbers in this thread yet, but to give folks an idea about the expected performance of the aero package, here's something to look at -
    The front wing we're using is capable of generating from close to 100 Lbs to well over 300 Lbs of DF @ 80 MPH (min to max AOA), while at 120 MPH the range is going to be from just under 200 Lbs to over 600 (!).
    The rear wing we're using is capable of producing between 140 Lbs to nearly 500 Lbs of DF @ 80 (again, min to max AOA), while at 120 MPH the range is from over 300 Lbs to north of 1000 Lbs (unlikely to be set to that high AOA though..).
    Obviously the thing can be tuned to anything within those ranges and increased or decreased as needed past those ranges with usage of different end plates and other means.
    Last edited by Blackbird Fabworx; August 17, 2015 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Typo

Country
    United States
    Do you have any actual wind tunnel testing to back up all those numbers, or is this all theory? Have you even produced a wing kit for an Atom?? Do you have any wind tunnel testing on any of your installed wing kits for any cars??? 1k.lbs of downforce...I'm going to have to raise the bullshit flag,sorry. Those numbers are as silly as the air filter companies claiming 20% instant HP gains with their products...
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; August 18, 2015 at 02:49 PM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    The airfoil was designed by aerodynamicist Andrew Brilliant (look him up if you need to) and produced by APR Performance.
    Went though CFD, wind tunnel testing and have all the DATA available, enjoy -
    GT-1000 Dual Element Adjustable Wing | APR Performance

The only reason the front wing will make less DF than the rear is because the secondary element is eliminated at the center section of the wing for a number of reasons.

Please refrain from bundling us up with horsepower whisperers and other miracle workers, just because YOU have not seen our work before nor you are fully aware of our capabilities.
    Bullshit flag can be lowered now.

Gluon
    Country
    American Samoa
    madmax is the atom nazi here that's why no one comes here....sorry fabworx

Country
    United States
    Anyone can claim anything. All I ask is for factual evidence to support claims,nothing more. I am a hands on person and not a forum kiss ass like many who frequent forums.
    I know you want to sell your products,but by making such lofty claims with nothing to show as proof, is highly skeptical. I have been to the APR website before..and personally know racers that use their products..but every application is different and because something works in one environment does not mean it will work in another. The Atom has a wake full of dirty air, so using numbers on a wing in clean air is flawed. Until proven wrong, consider me unconvinced, and the flag files. In all honesty,I truly hope you do develop an aero package that can create 1k.lbs of downforce. I do have another Atom..
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; August 18, 2015 at 09:10 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Gluon
    Country
    American Samoa
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    Anyone can claim anything. All I ask is for factual evidence to support claims,nothing more. I am a hands on person and not a forum kiss ass like many who frequent forums.
    I know you want to sell your products,but by making such lofty claims with nothing to show as proof, is highly skeptical. I have been to the APR website before..and personally know racers that use their products..but every application is different and because something works in one environment does not mean it will work in another. The Atom has a wake full of dirty air, so using numbers on a wing in clean air is flawed. Until proven wrong, consider me unconvinced, and the flag files. In all honesty,I truly hope you do develop an aero package that can create 1k.lbs of downforce. I do have another Atom..

You need to change your attitude dude. You got problem..... this forum should be user friendly not a nazi attitude.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast