Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What sporty car for around $70k?

Lepton
    Country
    United States

What sporty car for around $70k?

If you were going to buy a sporty car other than an Atom in the around $70k or less price range, what would it be? There are loads of good choices available. Here are a few options in no particular order:

Aston Martin Vantage or DB9
    Alfa Romeo 4C
    Bentley Continental GT
    Maserati GT
    Nissan GT-R
    Corvette C6 Z06 or ZR1
    Corvette C7 Stingray
    Porsche 911 Turbo and many other models
    Audi R8 V8
    Ferrari 360 or 575
    Jaguar F-Type V6

Any other good options you can think of?

Country
    United States
    2016 Mustang Shelby GT350. Or maybe two 2016 Focus RS's....and lots of tires..
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    2016 Mustang Shelby GT350. Or maybe two 2016 Focus RS's....and lots of tires..
    Mustangs are great values. A local shop just did a single turbo 5.0 Coyote making over 700 RWHP.

I'm thinking about something "nice" rather than outright speed. There are a lot of nice low-mile exotics that have depreciated into the $70k range, but I don't know enough about them. I'm sure a lot of them have issues and/or high maintenance costs. Ideally, I'd like something that I can keep for a couple of years and not lose a ton of money on it.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    I have an 09 cts-v, purchased with most stage 1 mods, then I added headers, injectors and a new tune, makes around 600whp, it easily out accelerates the atom at highway speeds, I've raced two aventadors many many times and we're dead even, that was a pretty proud moment each time....blew away a gallardo also.

You don't have to spend $70k either... You can find nice low mileage examples (mine had 17k miles and was certified pre-owned when I bought it in 2012) that haven't been modded and then do very simple mods to gain 100whp over stock....sure it won't go hard on track like the atom but in 6 years of owning the atom I certainly didn't track it enough to warrant another track capable car.

just my 2 cents

Country
    United States
    "Nice" is a relative term. I think my 2000 Focus is "nice". Guess I'm easy to please..
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    I have an 09 cts-v, purchased with most stage 1 mods, then I added headers, injectors and a new tune, makes around 600whp, it easily out accelerates the atom at highway speeds, I've raced two aventadors many many times and we're dead even, that was a pretty proud moment each time....blew away a gallardo also.

You don't have to spend $70k either... You can find nice low mileage examples (mine had 17k miles and was certified pre-owned when I bought it in 2012) that haven't been modded and then do very simple mods to gain 100whp over stock....sure it won't go hard on track like the atom but in 6 years of owning the atom I certainly didn't track it enough to warrant another track capable car.

just my 2 cents
    I like the CTS-V wagons. They look great, and they're relatively rare.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    "Nice" is a relative term. I think my 2000 Focus is "nice". Guess I'm easy to please..
    You're right, nice is relative. I looked at a 2009 Maserati GT and was blown away at how nice it was. The same dealer had a 2012 ZR1. It looked like a POS in comparison, and the door trim was already loose.

Gluon
    Country
    American Samoa
    I don't buy car because of the projected price.....I buy a car because i like it regardless of the cost.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by xoxojjffpp7 View Post
    I don't buy car because of the projected price.....I buy a car because i like it regardless of the cost.
    Umm...Good for you.

Gluon
    Country
    American Samoa
    What I meant.....even the car is less than $70,000 or even even less than $40- $50,000 if I like the car I will pull the trigger.
    I bought a caterham....less than $50,000 -- i like it very much. I am not keeping a car even $100,000 if my heart is not on that car.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast