Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What sporty car for around $70k?

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    audi v8 is slow as balls

f430 is great, if you are cool paying $2500 for any little plastic part that breaks....ever.

One reason I did not go buy a 2005 gallardo (or equivalent) Sure you can save $150k over new price, but repairs are going to cost the same on a used car as a new car and that's too rich for my blood

bought a 2009 cts-v, modded it a little, raced a 2015 aventador and a 2014 aventador and we're dead even.....may no be the fastest car in my group of friends, but that's quite an achievement for 10% the cost of an aventador

and I picked up a 1970 camaro fully restored, and did a few tweaks

IMO that's a better way to spend $70k
    If I wanted to beat an Aventador, I'd just get a 2015 Mustang GT and turbo it. They run 9's for about $50k total.

R8 V10 and F430 are about dead even in the 1/4 mile. Both trap just over 120 mph. Same for older GT-R's and F-Type V8's.

I'm going to go look at an Alfa this weekend, but I think it will be too slow and/or uncomfortable.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    why do you want any of those cars?

luxury, rarity, street cred? just curious

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    why do you want any of those cars?

luxury, rarity, street cred? just curious
    I'm checking off my list. I had a twin-turbo car. Then I had 2 Corvettes. Now I have an Atom. Next I want an exotic, even if it's a "low-end" one. After that, I might get something with ~1000HP since that's getting easier every day.

I could go for an Aston, even though they aren't that fast. This is a gorgeous car for $61k. It doesn't even look dated except maybe the GPS.
    Indianapolis, IN 2008 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Base Used Convertible Greenwood, IN Carmel, IN Maserati/FIAT of Indianapolis | GD08721 | SCFBF04B48GD08721

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    I'm checking off my list. I had a twin-turbo car. Then I had 2 Corvettes. Now I have an Atom. Next I want an exotic, even if it's a "low-end" one. After that, I might get something with ~1000HP since that's getting easier every day.

I could go for an Aston, even though they aren't that fast. This is a gorgeous car for $61k. It doesn't even look dated except maybe the GPS.
    Indianapolis, IN 2008 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Base Used Convertible Greenwood, IN Carmel, IN Maserati/FIAT of Indianapolis | GD08721 | SCFBF04B48GD08721

I've contemplated exotics but I'd get tired of it real quick, as I would desire more speed, more up to date technology, I dunno...Plus I'd be paranoid of things breaking or it getting damaged

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    I've contemplated exotics but I'd get tired of it real quick, as I would desire more speed, more up to date technology, I dunno...Plus I'd be paranoid of things breaking or it getting damaged
    I'm tentatively planning on driving one for 2 years. Could be longer or shorter depending on what I get and how much I like it.

For most of these cars, I'm estimating $4-6k sales tax + $5-10k depreciation for 2 years. That's less than $700/month. It looks like leases are a lot more than that, so buying is probably the way to go.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    The Audi V8 V10 is a great all around car. I drove it on track and also rented one. Rides better than a Camry on the street and is faster than a Ferrari on track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4k7ngJsBCM

I think it's my favorite unless I decide to spend less and get the F-Type V8. It's also a great car, and costs $25k less.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    I found another advantage to the R8 V10: insurance cost. My insurance company gave me a quote for under $1000/year for full coverage as a normal car. I thought I would have to go through a specialty company to get a decent rate like with the Atom. It may still be a better idea to get an agreed value policy to protect myself against a total loss, but it's good to know that rates aren't crazy.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234