Thread: Is it possible to get a rolling chassis?

Fermion
    Country
    United States

Is it possible to get a rolling chassis?

Hey guys, I have started my search for a Atom 3 (preferably naturally aspirated) and am not having much luck at all. I called TMI and they do NOT offer a rolling chassis as an option anymore. I would love to be able to get a rolling chassis and have a 400+ engine built. How can I do this? Is it possible that other manufacturers in the US might offer an rolling chassis as an option? Would having one from the UK even be an option?
    I still do not understand why TMI cannot offer it as an option where it clearly states on the spec sheet the price of the motor. Why not offer it sans the motor price?

Thanks guys for any advice!!!

Gluon
    Country
    American Samoa
    While Texas rebuking registrations on Atom, some states are not too friendly with this car. It's hard if not...impossible to register this car in some states. Getting Insurance is another problem.
    And do you think those people running this company will do something to energize & innovative enough to keep the sale going? When Hell freezes over they will sell rolling chassis again.

Rolling chassis? Backyard mechanic? Build your own? that's the questions.
    Although I know, Cobra replicas (Superformance) and Lotus seven replicas (Caterham-Westfield-etc) were so successful selling their products all over the world.

Country
    United States
    I haven't heard of many complaints getting insurance on an Atom. There are several choices out there....the information is readily available.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    I am not sure how a rolling chassis would affect insurance and ability to register vehicle? Ariel Atom used to offer a rolling chassis which included every single thing sans transmission, engine, ECU, wiring.
    I thought that by making this option more widely available that they would attract more customers.

Gluon
    Country
    American Samoa
    The key in this business is to sell more cars to profit. You are not running a business for loss. The more people buys and able to register the car, the more profitable to your business.
    Let them do whatever they want & pursuit their own destiny to register the car. The greatest problem selling Atom is registration. People don't want to end up having an $80,000 worth of useless toys.
    If they don't want to sell rolling chassis, that's their prerogative. They should be innovative to keep the sale going or just a matter of time -- from Brammo sold to TMI then....who is next?

If it's me....I have a good idea how to energize the sale.
    The more registration, more encouraging for both buyer & seller. Win win situation.
    Last edited by xoxojjffpp7; June 25, 2015 at 08:23 AM.