Thread: The drought is over in Wichita Falls, Texas!

Country
    United States

The drought is over in Wichita Falls, Texas!

Since Wichita Falls has been in the news lately concerning all the record-breaking rainfall we have had this month, I wanted to let interested folks know that our home/race car shop/Atom showroom is high and dry. We are in no danger of the flooding that is happening in some parts of the city, since we built on a hill that is probably the highest elevation in the county.

Our downtown Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris, Victory, Slingshot dealership/showroom is about a block from the Wichita river, and the river water level is WAY up; but in the 49 years since I started my dealership there, (how time flies!) it has never seriously threatened to flood our business.

Some friends of ours did have a mandatory evacuation of their neighborhood, but they are OK to return home now.

We loaned a couple of utility vehicles to the Sheriff's department to help with flood rescues, and here is a picture of Ercie and me with a SERIOUS vehicle they have that is all-wheel drive! I'm really proud of our Sheriff and his men and his choice of vehicles!

Don't mess with this Texas Sheriff!

Eddie
    Last edited by FourFather; May 25, 2015 at 10:43 AM.
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha

Country
    United States
    All that's missing is a Ma Deuce mounted on the roof.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    Glad to hear that you and yours are doing alright there, Eddie. I was south of Austin in '98 when they got 30+inches in 24 hours. That was a lot of water all at once. I heard yesterday that Wimberly's Blanco river was 40' over normal. Luckily, it seems most people are wet, but otherwise not too bad off. Things can be replaced, individuals can't.