Thread: Best source for tuning Atom 3?

Fermion
    Country
    United States

Best source for tuning Atom 3?

Hey guys, I am seriously considering getting an Atom 3 and am curious as to the best website/source I can look into as far as tuning it. Whether I get a turbo or supercharged version I definitely want to get it tuned as I am a horsepower addict and am constantly tampering with my vehicles to get more power out of it.
    I am kind of assuming that the Honda guys would be the ones to ask, but I was hoping that there was something available that was Ariel Atom specific. The idea of being able to tune a Atom 3 to around 400 hp is just darn exciting for me, but would like to know where to start. I did not know if a simple tune was all that most turbo guys were doing or if a pulley upgrade and tune was what the supercharged guys were doing. Are there other ways that the Atom 3 guys are getting big power gains without taking the valve covers off?

Thanks a ton in advance!!!

n00b
    Country
    United States
    I will give you the obvious answer first: get the 3S. Why reinvent the wheel when the development has already been done for you and done well. I had some seat time in the 3S and the turbo is very progressive and the acceleration is impressive. TMI AutoTech has done a great job in taking the Atom to the next level. Yes you might be able to save some money by doing yourself, but there are a lot of upgraded components in the 3S that aren't standard on the Atom 3.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    @horsepower, I am all about getting what is the best out there for my money, but my concern is that I usually do not keep my vehicles for much longer than 12 months. It would hurt me if I would buy a brand new 3s and take a huge loss on it when I sold it a year later.
    I am looking to get a reasonable deal on a used Atom 3 and hopefully when I decide to unload it or upgrade it.... I am not taking a huge loss. I totally get that no matter what a car will deappreciate.... Just looking to minimize that loss.