Thread: Wing settings

Particle
    Country
    United States

Wing settings

For those who track and have the factory wings, what is your experience as to the best settings for the wing angles? Leading edge tilted all the way down, all the way up or somewhere in between?

I've had them at both extremes and honestly can't tell any substantial difference seat of the pants or laptimes....

Country
    United States
    I've run with the wings and without.Same car,same day..same tires etc etc. No difference..the factory wings are there for looks on the Atom.(yes,they are cool) The one thing I added that actually did increase downforce (actually measured with angle sensors on the control arms at Watkins Glen) was..a windshield.Lap times were faster as well. The only thing an Atom lacks is proper aero and downforce.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    GoodAero developed front and rear wings that actually develop downforce for the One Lap Atom. The factory wings are just for looks.

Up Quark
    Country
    Canada
    Quote from inquiry to GoodAero re: Spec Racer Wings:

"On our development car (the One Lap Atom), the driver beat his previous best ever at Road Atlanta without wings by a full 4 seconds in the first session! When the car was later driven by Charles Espenlaub, he told us that the wings transformed the handling from that of a go-kart to a formula car."

Needless to say I'm getting them. I don't run in the Spec series since Vegas is a 24 hr tow from Vancouver. I'm also looking into the turbo for the K24.

Country
    United States
    What's the approximate pricing on the GoodAero Wings for an Atom 3S, if I might ask?
    Last edited by cacofonix; May 28, 2015 at 11:48 PM.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by cacofonix View Post
    What's the approximate pricing on the GoodAero Wings for an Atom 3S, if I might ask?
    I was told $8K. I have not committed to them given that price point and I'm looking at other options (non-factory.)

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Look up hadron xr on Twitter. He is going to have a kickstarter in a few weeks. Offering products that will fit the atom. I'm still trying to figure out how he says he will be offering the nomad frame for sale.