Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Texas DMV just revoked the titles of every Ariel Atom in Texas"

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    on a related topic I saw an exo car this weekend at C&C dallas, it said "carnivore" on the back but there's nothing on the internet about it.....it's brand new and got titled / registered even though it's no different then the atom when it comes to how it was made, ie: low volumn production, not made from previously approved nhtsa cars

and it has a ls v8 in it

Particle
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Here's a link to a Factory Five forum thread discussing a closely related topic. The Ariel Atom and similar cars are mentioned. A bit dated, but has relevance:

No more 'home made' vehicles allowed to be registered in Texas

Fortunately, I'm in Colorado have an Atom registered as a kit car.
    Last edited by RonH; May 6, 2015 at 08:28 PM.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Stupid crap like this is why it's nice to have a dealer plate
    E90 M3 DCT
    997.1 GT3

www.essesmotorcars.com

Country
    United States
    Technically,a dealer plate does NOT allow the use of a non conforming (or defectively equipped) vehicle to be driven on public roads. Ask me how I know.. Yes,most cops won't bother a dealer tagged vehicle..however, they can ticket and tow you, as the law is very specific about the legal use of a dealer plate. (at least in Massachusetts)
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    (at least in Massachusetts)
    Massachusetts is especially weird in that it selectively fails to honor various interstate motor vehicle compacts. The first thing that comes to mind is temporary (or transit) plates validly issued by another state.

I'm not going to go into more detail in an open forum, other than to say that anyone contemplating any out-of-the-ordinary registration should obtain the advice of a qualified individual (be it an attorney specializing in this area of practice or a senior state official in the appropriate department). And even that is no guarantee - I know of at least one case where the head of a state DMV told a DMV clerk specifically to process a registration and stop being obstructionist, and the clerk flat-out refused.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    Technically,a dealer plate does NOT allow the use of a non conforming (or defectively equipped) vehicle to be driven on public roads. Ask me how I know.. Yes,most cops won't bother a dealer tagged vehicle..however, they can ticket and tow you, as the law is very specific about the legal use of a dealer plate. (at least in Massachusetts)
    In TX as long as it has headlights, turn signals and can pass inspection you can drive it on the street. It can be used on a personal vehicle, demonstrator vehicle or transport to/from an event or test drive.
    E90 M3 DCT
    997.1 GT3

www.essesmotorcars.com

Electron
    Country
    United States
    The fact that it keeps referencing replicas will be key. We need to find a car that the Atom is a replica of that will pass scrutiny.

Gluon
    Country
    American Samoa
    Lotus 7 possibility....

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Someone needs to make the body panels that we can borrow/rent out for registration purposes. hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast