Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Texas Revoked My Title

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
    Silver is right. There is no "kit" car in Texas, but there is an "assembled vehicle" option. If the assembled vehicle is not a replica of an earlier recognized vehicle, it can still be registered, but it must meet all current federal safety regulations (e.g., airbags), which obviously the Atom does not meet.
    That is precisely what changed I believe 4/1/14.

Prior to that there was no definition of an assembled vehicle, now it must be assembled from parts of cars which previously passed NHTSA, thus excluding the atom....only other car I can think of would be something like the Noble....very low production, not really meant for US roads but there are a few here in the US so it would be excluded also now (my friend in Texas owned the first model which is why I bring that up, he has since sold it.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Did anybody with a revoked registration NOT have it registered as an assembled vehicle? (I hate to be obtuse, but I'm not sure how else it would have been registered either.)

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    didnt read but might be helpful info:
    http://txdmv.gov/assembled-vehicle-manual
    the high profile toy thrower

Particle
    Country
    United States
    Mine was not registered as an Assembled Vehicle, it was registered using a Washington State title as a 2006 Ariel. It has passed inspection every year since I originally titled it.

Country
    United States

Remember the alamo!

I am reflecting on the deaths 179 years ago today, of Colonel Davy Crockett of Tennessee, Colonel Jim Bowie of Kentucky, and Lt. Colonel William Travis of South Carolina, and how they gave their lives at the Alamo, so that Texans could live free.

I believe these heroes who gave their very lives for freedom, would be ashamed of the Texas government employee(s) that is trying to take away my fellow Texan's right to enjoy the vehicles of our choice. Currently disenfranchised are Hot Rods, Replicas, Kit Cars, Ariel Atoms and Polaris Slingshots, but what next? Motorcycles? Horses?

And I further believe these heroes would be ashamed of us, if we allow that to happen.

I was born on March 6, on the 100th anniversary of the battle of the Alamo, and it seems a good time to remember the Alamo, and how dearly the 182 or more defenders paid, with their lives, for freedom. And to take another look at -

THE TEXAS CONSTITUTION
    ARTICLE1. BILL OF RIGHTS

Sec.2 All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit. ----the people of Texas--have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform, or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient.

Sec.13 All courts shall be open, and every person for an injury done him, in his lands, goods, person or reputation, shall have remedy by due course of law.

Sec. 16 No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or any law impairing the obligation of contracts, shall be made.
    (The Texas Law Journal defines Bill of Attainder : A legislative act that singles out an individual or group for punishment without a trial.)

Sec.19 No citizen of this state shall be deprived of life, liberty, property, privileges or immunities, or in any manner disenfranchised,except by the due course of the law of the land.

Sec 27. The citizens shall have the right, in a peaceable manner, to assemble together for their common good; and apply to those invested with the powers of government for redress of greivances or other purposes, by petition, address, or remonstrance.

Sec. 29 To guard against transgressions of the high powers herein delegated, we delare that everything in this "Bill of Rights" is excepted out of the general powers of government, and shall forever remain inviolate, and all laws contrary thereto, --- shall be void.

I was born and high schooled in Longview, Texas, graduated Texas A&M class of 57, (one of three generations of Texas Aggies in my family), have been a lifelong resident of Texas and have always been fiercely proud of our great state and heritage. So much so, that I named my top fuel dragster and my top fuel boats "the Texan", and my team the Texan racing team, and, more often than not, referred to myself as "the Texan".

So it saddens and angers me beyond words to see the erosion of our freedom of choices, our privileges, and the restriction of our pursuit of happiness, and especially so because of the actions of some person or persons in the Texas government, that we are paying, through our taxes, to look out for our interests!

Sincerely,

Eddie FourFather Hill
    AKA Eddie the Texan Hill
    Last edited by FourFather; March 6, 2015 at 01:12 PM.
    Norm, MadMaxAtom and RyanD like this.
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Reinstatement ? -----> I hope so...
    Driving rights ? -----> Maybe
    Apology? ----->that's a tough one, I think you are asking too much

Particle
    Country
    United States
    Happy Birthday Eddie
    MadMaxAtom likes this.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraCollector View Post
    Happy Birthday Eddie
    Thanks, CobraCollector.

Eddie
    Eddie FourFather Hill

Country
    United States
    Thanks, Axecent.

May God bless all of our efforts to regain and retain our God-given rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!

Eddie
    Eddie FourFather Hill

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States

Talking

Happy birthday Eddie, hope you have a good weekend
    Last edited by Atommatt; March 7, 2015 at 07:31 AM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast