Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What tires are you guys running?

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    The Atom 3 uses a 56.1 hub diameter right?

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by David Porter View Post
    As a side note, the bore size on the 949 wheels is 67.1 vs Atom 2 hub diameter of 56.1, so hub centering rings definitely advisable.
    Tom Smurzynski (while he was at Brammo) described the hubs / wheels as "pseudo-hubcentric" and said that the lug nuts provided almost all of the centering force. Ever since I upgraded my Atom to 4-pot rear calipers (2008), I ran with plain flat spacers that Tom made for me, without any issues*. That was on stock Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels.

* Spacers were needed due to the "no two the same" Brammo build process. Cars built with 4-pot calipers didn't have clearance issues with the TD wheels (Dymags rubbed and needed to be re-ordered with a different offset). They actually offered to swap the calipers for me when I picked up the car, but I didn't want to delay my cross-country trip for a week (I was already in Ashland to pick up my car when the issue came up).
    An Atom Across America blog - http://www.atomacrossamerica.org Brammo Atom 300 Ecotec - 08/2006 build
    Note - if any image I included or link I posted is broken, change "tmk.com "to "glaver.org" in the URL to fix it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123