Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Insurance

Fermion
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States

Insurance

Hi guys, what company to do you have your atom insured with?

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Norm likes this.
    the high profile toy thrower

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Classic Car Insurance, Auto, Life, Home, Commercial - Illinois is who I use. I think they're related to American Modern somehow.

Fermion
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Got American modern ins. Easy and quick

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    State Farm Insurance in CA. I just insured my Ariel Atom 2 last week (2/12/2015) and finished the SPCN CA registration process today! Another legal Ariel Atom 2 on the CA roads. The insurance is around $600/yr.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Congrats, macrow69.

Fermion
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Macrow69 when did you start the dmv process? I have my sequence number but am waiting on my certificate. It's taking over a month.

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    "Wow" that seems to be a good price. Rally Insurance quoted me 142.00 per month. Maybe more ??????

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Atommatt View Post
    "Wow" that seems to be a good price. Rally Insurance quoted me 142.00 per month. Maybe more ??????
    jeez things have gone up since 2007.

I was the first policy rally wrote for the atom, it was $300 / year, after they paid out on 2 atoms in full, it went way up for newly written policies, but i was still capped to the maximum increase of 7% (or something) per year.

Things to keep in mind about insurance....You buy it so that it will pay out if you really have an accident, I have my doubts that any major carrier would just pay you what it's worth without seriously trying to get out of it.

Most people who get a policy with a major carrier have this response " I know the agent I've been with them for XX years, I have XX vehicles with them already" What they don't realize is your agent will have no input on your claims approval or denial, they are removed from the equation, so having your best friend as your agent won't help you.

I would recommend paying more for a policy where there is a track record of paying for the atom in full due to an accident versus one where there's no track record...that's just me.

Side note, Rally offers appreciation, had I wrecked my atom before selling it, they would have paid me $40,000 appreciation on top of my agreed price, Plus any items I added on to the car after purchase I would be paid for back in full so perhaps another $10,000 or so as I added things like the windshield, new supercharger, exhaust blah blah blah....your regular type policies won't cater to those needs.

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    I agree... it was nice talking to Kelsey and having her know all about the Atom and the performance aspect of the car. That definitely helps when it comes to insuring a vehicle, and determining it's value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast