Thread: Northern California Atom Owners

n00b
    Country
    United States

Northern California Atom Owners

Hello Everyone,

I live in Sacramento. I was wondering if there is a group that gets together near me. I currently drive a 1997 Supercharged NSX. I'm on the fence on selling it and moving to an Atom. Any insight would be very cool. I have not been in one, but have seen one on the freeway near Sac and at the Euro Sunday event a long time ago.

Thanks and I look forward to the chats.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Welcome to the forum. I have a 1996 turbocharged NSX 413hp to the rear wheels and a 2011 Atom. Both great cars but different mission for each one. Get an Atom and keep the NSX. Both are great for re-sale.

I still have my Gerry Johnson built TT 91 nsx and an 02 nsx as well as my Harrop sc Atom. I agree with keeping them both if you can. Very different tools but both excellent!

n00b
    Country
    United States
    Thanks for the reply guys. I would love to keep them both, believe me, 2nd gear in the NSX reminds me every time. I'm getting 396 to the wheels per a dynapac. It's a targa so I'm weighing in at about 2800-2900 lbs with all the mods. I have a tractor in the center stall of our 3 car garage and work tables in the other two, one of which is her stuff, lol. I also have a 1950 chevy pickup that is sitting on a 1987 suburban frame with a custom flatbed, dropping a new 350 that is making about 400hp. She can't stand that truck. Its 7 foot 2 inches tall, sitting on 35 inch tires. I will post a pic if interested. I call it Frankenstein.It is sitting in the driveway behind the NSX. Glad we live in the country. My friends and I build airplanes as well and have 5 hangars in Sacramento if you guys ever come thru town. Maybe on the way to Infineon or Thunderhill? The flights are on me, trade rides? Anyway, the NSX sits on the trickle charger for the most part, and I have taken it as far as one could in this goofy state of CA. It deserves a new owner to really appreicate what has been done to it. I'm budgeting for a shop so thats when the projects are really going to start showing up. Regarding Atoms, NA or Supercharged and Honda vs GM? Everyone seems pretty happy with both and do not seem to bash the other power plant at all. At least not that I can see. Again thank you for hitting me back.

Carl