Lug nut choices?

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Steel?
    Aluminum?
    Titanium?

Particle
    Country
    United States
    McGard are the best steel lug nuts that you can buy. They won't rust and look good and can be re-torqued as many times as you need.

Country
    United States
    I use these forged alu nuts: Black Forged Alloy Lug Nuts
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    I was looking at the aluminum style ones but everyone was say to stay away from them. But I think they were referring to the (cheap) ones , not the forged style. The Tye lugs are $$$ but lite weight, and look cool.

**BEST in Class** TWM Performance Titanium Racing…: http://youtu.be/AF_Ucs4yInA

Country
    United States
    High quality forged alloy lug nuts work fine and last for many years.I have never had an issue with them,and I run them on all my track cars,and my street cars. I have seen cheap ones strip.but that also includes steel ones. You do pay for what you get when it comes to lug nuts.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    I think based on the your feed back with forged lugs , that's the route I'm gonna take. . I not gonna abuse em and put em through the stress of track use so forged alloy lugs are perfect. Thanks

Country
    United States
    One convenient thing about using (high quality forged) aluminum alloy nuts (for me) is after a few hundred on/off cycles,they do show some tool wear,which tells you it's time to replace them. Everything stressed does eventually need to be replaced to insure top safety when used at the extreme design limits (racing duty) and the aluminum lug nuts tell me that at a glance. Steel.not so much. However, I do use some forged steel alloy nuts with black oxide finish in a 17mm hex drive for a couple of certain wheels. But I do prefer the aluminum. Besides..they are lighter..and we all know less is more.

Crikey..I checked out those Ti lug nuts..$344...and it's a pre order situation. They are cool,but not that cool...
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; December 14, 2014 at 11:57 AM.

I've been using Rays Engineering forged aluminum lugs on my Atom from the start...was one of the first mods I made to the car. They work perfectly and have never let me down. I also use them on a couple of my other cars, too.