Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TMI store

Neutron
    Country
    United States

TMI store

Did I miss this opening up? Its the same TMI since it was linked in their newsletter

TMI Racing Homepage

(hint: it would be nice if there was a Atom specific section)
    the high profile toy thrower

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Are you sure it is the same TMI Auto Tech? It doesn't look like it and they sure don't have a retail store like that at the factory.

Country
    United States
    This is right on the track at VIR, and yes, it's the same TMI. Bought some stuff from this shop when I was there in June 2014. I don't recall seeing anything Atom related other than maybe t-shirts for their VIR Driving Experience (which uses Atoms).

Pics from my visit to their factory can be seen here, and from my buddy Jeff participating in the Atom experience here.
    Ariel Atom 2, Ecotec 300, owner since 2007. Drive, Detail, Improve, Repeat. Visit my website.

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    We do in fact have the TMI Racing store now open in the paddock at Virginia International Raceway. We are in the process of adding to the website but do stock a large variety of items such as helmets, suits, gloves, etc. (By the way: The TMI Racing Products Store is doing a giveaway on their Facebook Page for some Pyrotect Racing Gloves. Only 20 more likes until they give them away. https://www.facebook.com/TMIRacing Like the page and the contest is pinned to the top of their page if anyone is interested.)

What type of products, Atom Related or just in general, would everyone like to see listed?
    If there is something you are looking for right away, feel free to phone us at 434-822-9130.

We are trying to make an effort to better support previous, current, and future clients so we do value your input.

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Chris, I would love to see a section dedicated to the Atom. Brakes, fluids, fasteners, rod ends suspension bits are just a few parts I will be needing in 2015 and I'd love to be able to browse and purchase right from you guys at TMI.
    Thanks, Paul

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by paulrom View Post
    Chris, I would love to see a section dedicated to the Atom. Brakes, fluids, fasteners, rod ends suspension bits are just a few parts I will be needing in 2015 and I'd love to be able to browse and purchase right from you guys at TMI.
    Thanks, Paul
    Exactly. Just a section where the parts like rod ends that will fit an Atom are listed all together. Even better if you list any in stock old parts like a suspension arm for an Atom 2 or a body panel for an Atom 3, etc

Oh, and how about some of this stuff:
    http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/store/
    Last edited by bolus; December 2, 2014 at 11:01 AM.

Country
    United States
    Are these suggestions being made for items to be available from the store's website, or physically at this location for purchase and pickup?

I'm sure that the trackside store sees a good number of people due to it being a couple hundred feet from VIR's track, but an extremely small percentage of them are likely Atom owners. Considering that the audience for any Atom parts it carried will be the SRA folks and a handful of owners that may visit the track/factory, it probably doesn't make much sense to stock the parts in this showroom when an owner that needs them can visit TMI directly or obtain them via mail. What would really benefit TMI is having a few brand new shiny Atoms in their full glory on display in the physical store. Maybe one in SRA trim, and one for the street? Would certainly increase their exposure and build interest.
    Ariel Atom 2, Ecotec 300, owner since 2007. Drive, Detail, Improve, Repeat. Visit my website.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    for the online store. I always thought Ariel could use a good online store. like Caterham's part store
    Caterham Parts - Online Store

Brammo had one (or perhaps it was in beta testing, I cant remember) where you could order any part off the car you needed.

Granted they have more cars out there and more of a need for a online parts store. But it still would be nice to go to an online store, look up the rod ends or other bolts and parts for my car and order some replacements.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    Brammo had one (or perhaps it was in beta testing, I cant remember) where you could order any part off the car you needed.
    It was pre-announced to owners, and then shut down a week or so later at the request of Simon. I ordered a bunch of stuff while it was open.

Of course, one of Brammo's problems was that they never knew what they were paying for something, so it probably would have folded sooner or later anyway.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    The store's manager is Don Frady. He has been very helpful when we have been at VIR and by email and phone with follow up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast