Thread: Aero mods for the Cheese Grater

Electron
    Country
    United States

Aero mods for the Cheese Grater

Has anyone seen or heard of anyone attempting to mod an Atom to add practical aerodynamic benefits (and no I don't mean a complete body like Rezvani I'm also not talking about adding wings for downforce, I mean purely for drag reduction doing lots of small things to fill all the holes and to shape and smooth the airflow under, around and behind all the sticky-outy bits.

The SRA's roll cage is so huge I can imagine some simple work to smooth airflow passing the circular tubing. The nose could better shape air underneath and down the sides with only small modifications. Maybe add a cover for the passenger side? A lot of things in small places could make a big difference I'm guessing. I'm just short of an Aerodynamicist, a Wind Tunnel and lots of spare time and money to make this a reality, so speculation on this forum will have to do. Any thoughts?

I have considered a hard tonneau for the passenger side, which would benefit aero when paired with side panels. You'd have to remove the passenger seat, though (which limits this mod to Atoms with separate seats).

Removing the fenders also helps, because they're basically lift/drag generators when you consider their shape and placement on the car.