Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Adding Road Race Lighting Package to Atom 3

  1. #1
    Fermion
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    56
    Country
    United States

    Adding Road Race Lighting Package to Atom 3

    Does anyone know if TMI or any aftermarket vendors offers the road race lighting package to make a track Atom road legal (headlights, front and rear turn signals)? Are these cars pre-wired to add lighting after the fact or is it very difficult to do if not ordered from the factory?
    E90 M3 DCT
    997.1 GT3

    www.essesmotorcars.com

  2. #2
    Fermion
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    56
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Does anyone know if TMI or any aftermarket vendors offers the road race lighting package to make a track Atom road legal (headlights, front and rear turn signals)? Are these cars pre-wired to add lighting after the fact or is it very difficult to do if not ordered from the factory?
    If there are any aftermarket solutions I'm all ears too.
    E90 M3 DCT
    997.1 GT3

    www.essesmotorcars.com

  3. #3
    Neutron
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,677
    Country
    United States
    There are several different versions of the car now. So I dont think they all are pre-wired for the road lighting kit (SRA's are probably not). There are no aftermarket solutions for the mounting hardware. You have to get that from TMI or a dealer.

    Here is a lighting kit for sale from the Atom 3. It would probably take some work to get it compatible with an older car

    Atom3.5 Projector Lights
    the high profile toy thrower

  4. #4
    Fermion
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    56
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    There are several different versions of the car now. So I dont think they all are pre-wired for the road lighting kit (SRA's are probably not). There are no aftermarket solutions for the mounting hardware. You have to get that from TMI or a dealer.

    Here is a lighting kit for sale from the Atom 3. It would probably take some work to get it compatible with an older car

    Atom3.5 Projector Lights
    The car I'm considering is a 2012 Atom 3 that was bought for track use but I'd like to add lights to make it street legal.

    From the S111 link it looks like those lights have a harness that would just plug in if the car is pre-wired so I assume a pre-wired car that did not have the lighting kit would just have loose plugs dangling?
    E90 M3 DCT
    997.1 GT3

    www.essesmotorcars.com

  5. #5
    Up Quark
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15
    Country
    United States
    I have an Altra car and I started the wiring on my own before the wring kit was offered.

    For the turn signals I used the painless performance turn signal kit 30120. The only thing with this kit I found is with the LED's that I used did not draw enough current to trigger the flasher adding a couple of LED resistors fixed that.

    And for the headlight switch I used the painless 4 position headlight switch 80154. That gives you off, parking lights, low and high beam control in one switch.

  6. #6
    Fermion
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    56
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by txjeepn View Post
    I have an Altra car and I started the wiring on my own before the wring kit was offered.

    For the turn signals I used the painless performance turn signal kit 30120. The only thing with this kit I found is with the LED's that I used did not draw enough current to trigger the flasher adding a couple of LED resistors fixed that.

    And for the headlight switch I used the painless 4 position headlight switch 80154. That gives you off, parking lights, low and high beam control in one switch.
    Youre in dallas right? I saw a thread about your build on s2ki
    E90 M3 DCT
    997.1 GT3

    www.essesmotorcars.com

  7. #7
    Up Quark
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15
    Country
    United States
    Yes that would be me.I thought your user name looked familiar.

Similar Threads

  1. SRA Road Race of Champions at Road Atlanta Highlights
    By Chris@TMIAutoTech in forum Photo and Video Galleries
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 12, 2014, 07:49 PM
  2. Your Story -- Getting your Atom legal for the road
    By Vhayne in forum General Ariel Atom Discussion (for all UK and US versions)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 24, 2013, 12:37 AM
  3. Adding Downforce.......
    By rijowysock in forum General Ariel Atom Discussion (for all UK and US versions)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 17, 2012, 05:47 PM
  4. Spec Race Atom Race 4 Video
    By ACE51 in forum Photo and Video Galleries
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 19, 2012, 08:47 AM
  5. Adding an oil pressure gauge
    By silver in forum US Ariel Atom 2 (Brammo) Technical Discussion
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: May 23, 2011, 07:27 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •