Thread: vibrating

n00b
    Country
    United Arab Emirates

vibrating

Hi Guys ,

I m a new owner for an atom 2 2006 , the annoying thing in driving it is that the whole car vibrate alot .
    Is that normal??

thanx

Country
    United States
    Assuming all tires/wheels are properly balanced (and are true) any chassis vibrations should be minimal. The drivetrain (engine/transaxle) is rigidly mounted and does send some harmonic vibrations into the chassis,but they should not be "alot". The exhaust is semi-rigid mounted and can also vibrate,but not "alot" . That being said,..the Atom does transmit everything to the driver..unlike a...cushy fat car.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by almazrouie9559 View Post
    I m a new owner for an atom 2 2006 , the annoying thing in driving it is that the whole car vibrate alot .
    Is that normal??
    Given the poster's location, I'd suspect this is an Ariel UK car. The Honda engines of that vintage were a bit "buzzy" (I don't know that I'd classify it as a vibration). The few Brammo Honda Atoms used Spoon engines, so they are probably different.

Country
    United States
    The Brits that own cars of that vintage say to "just drive faster" as the vibrations will be at a higher frequency.

If the engine is a Honda K20A then without a redesign of the engine mounts, it will continue to be buzzy in the lower RPMs. A Honda K24 will have balance shafts as part of the oil pump assemebly if you're the sort to tinker with it. You'll need a different tiing side engine mount though for it has different enigne-side hole spacing.