Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: New Here; wondering why there is a 10k price hike in the Ariel Atom now

  1. #1
    Fermion
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    67
    Country
    United States

    New Here; wondering why there is a 10k price hike in the Ariel Atom now

    Hi all, I'm new here. I've been saving up and finally am ready to pull the trigger on an Atom. I just noticed that the price of atom 3 (non turbo) has gone up to $64.5K which includes the windshield option. I remember that the windshield used to be priced at about $3k. Almost everything else is the same, . Wondering if they are including a supercharger option in there as well. Any info would be great!

    Thanks y'all!

  2. #2
    Neutrino
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas...YEE-HAW
    Posts
    1,213
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikram Chopra View Post
    Hi all, I'm new here. I've been saving up and finally am ready to pull the trigger on an Atom. I just noticed that the price of atom 3 (non turbo) has gone up to $64.5K which includes the windshield option. I remember that the windshield used to be priced at about $3k. Almost everything else is the same, . Wondering if they are including a supercharger option in there as well. Any info would be great!

    Thanks y'all!

    based on the new 3s model being turbocharged, I kind of think the supercharger will no longer be an option, that's just my guess.

  3. #3
    tom
    tom is offline
    Up Quark
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Bonita Springs, FL
    Posts
    17
    Country
    United States
    No supercharger option since 2014. User "Kup" got the last one, Dec 2013.

  4. #4
    Fermion
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    67
    Country
    United States
    I see. Well any guess why the price just hiked up 6K?

  5. #5
    Electron
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    181
    Country
    United States
    Supply & demand? Business must be good.

  6. #6
    Neutrino
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas...YEE-HAW
    Posts
    1,213
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikram Chopra View Post
    I see. Well any guess why the price just hiked up 6K?
    It's probably the 5th or 6th price jump since 2006 when they (atoms in general not tmi) started selling Atom's stateside.

    inflation, business costs, profit, who knows why.

  7. #7
    Fermion
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    67
    Country
    United States
    Most other price jumps were because they did stuff like stiffer chassis, better dampers, more standard options, etc.

    This time around it's only winderscreen package and a passenger foot rest

  8. #8
    Neutron
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,677
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikram Chopra View Post
    Most other price jumps were because they did stuff like stiffer chassis, better dampers, more standard options, etc.

    This time around it's only winderscreen package and a passenger foot rest
    Have you called TMI? Im sure you would not have to buy the windshield or the foot rest. Im sure they would try to work with you on getting the car as affordable as possible.

    I lucked out getting one in 06. the price I paid is about what a base model is now. At that time though, I got pretty much every option that was available. If I had to buy the same car now I could not afford it.
    the high profile toy thrower

  9. #9
    Fermion
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    67
    Country
    United States
    Gottacha. I'll call this week or the next. Will let you guys know what they say. Cheers!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    I lucked out getting one in 06. the price I paid is about what a base model is now. At that time though, I got pretty much every option that was available. If I had to buy the same car now I could not afford it.
    Same here. Price to reproduce my car as optioned would likely top $100k nowdays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted:Street Legal Atom for a reasonable price
    By piper2642 in forum Welcome New Members! You MUST post here first to activate your account!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 18, 2013, 09:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •