Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Polaris Slingshot

Electron
    Country
    United States

Country
    United States
    I saw that as well. The only advantage that I see for me is that is would allow me to run the HOV lane since it is categorized as a motorcycle. Oh, and it's a great deal cheaper than my atom. Having said that, I can't imagine it's as much fun as the Atom.

Country
    United States
    We have been a Polaris dealer for a long time, and we are extremely happy with their products. The Polaris RZR and Ranger have been selling very well, and our customers love them. We are currently selling more Polaris than our Honda, Kawasaki. and Yamaha sales combined. And the Victory motorcycles are also selling very well, and we have an enthusiatic owner group.

I don't see the Slingshot as a competitor to the Atom, but I'll bet a lot of our customer base that buys a new Honda Gold Wing and then has us install a trike kit, will take a serious look at it. And we are selling more and more motorcycle-to-trike conversions every year.

Once our general manager Trey returns from the dealer meeting, we should have more info, for anyone interested.

Eddie
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha

Country
    United States
    Thanks Eddie

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    Eddie, I was a former owner of a T-Rex. I had a lot of fun with that "motorcycle" and it generated a lot of interest in the public but I feel more secure and planted on the road in the Atom. The T-Rex being a 3 wheeler was scary in the rain as it was impossible to find a high line on the road in a heavy rain. The new Slingshot looks more like a competitor to the T-Rex then the Atom and at about a third of the cost I think you are going to sell them. I also know the Polaris does not make anything but a quality product. I can't wait to see one on the road.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    I like this a lot, and considering getting one. Eddie, with 170hp and 1700lbs, does it feel sluggish at all? My Atom is at 300Whp, and it finally feels proper to me. Any opinions about the Ecotec motor (wish it revved higher and had a 6 speed)?

Country
    United States
    How can this be a track machine? The bike clubs won't allow them on track,and the car guys won't either. Maybe a good thing,as I just can't see 1 drive wheel pushing 1700lbs ever being "fun" on track...
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; July 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    what an alternative to the T Rex. Maybe I'll get one since Atoms are such PITA to register

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    unfortunately, 3 wheels is the only way to have a wide spread registerable car in the US. 3 wheels? sure, what every your want. mount blades to the wheels, put a keg in it, rocket boosters, stripper pole, anything you want.

4 Wheels? welcome to North Korea, please select from the 2 or 4 door design. We will let you modify the grill, but that's it.
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States
    Yes,I understand about the 3 wheels,however, the article is calling it a "track machine"..and I don't see it. I like trikes for road use: there are a few that drive both front wheels and they are almost sporty…but one wheel pushing 1700lbs…is not going to be anything a real track rat wants to use for serious track time. It is a cool looking vehicle,but too bad someone doesn't come out with one that drives the front wheels,and can lean. That would be pretty cool.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast