Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polaris Slingshot

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    I've seen someone having a blast with their Prius on the track. what ever you have fun in is fine
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States
    Like I said, "SERIOUS TRACK TIME". I just got back from a 2 day event at Thompson Speedway..(their new 1.7 mile 12 turn road track)...and by golly gee..there were actually a couple of idiots out there, in old rusty automatic Subaru wagons and crapped out Datsuns.. "having fun". They were in the way,and finally crashed..(lost a driveshaft)...stopping the event for everyone and making a mess. Thanks. NOT what I would call a track machine! I saw a Prius with a "racing" stripe today…talk about denial…if you want a sporty car, BUY a sports car..not an overweight battery on skinny wheels. Only an idiot would schedule track time for a Prius. A purpose for everything..and a race track is for RACE cars. Lead,follow,or get the Hell out of the way.
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; July 29, 2014 at 01:31 PM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    I don't think it's quite that simple, I think there is room and a place for all car enthusiasts.

I've seen well driven Miata's put the spank on much "faster" cars. I've seen 6 figure cars hold everyone up. Just because you can afford a "fast" car doesn't mean you can buy driver skill.

When I get put in charge, you will be grouped by lap times, newbs and late sign ups who sign up for advanced can't possibly turn a a 1:30 at Laguna Seca. If you can bring a comparable lap time for your group in your "run what ya brung." I say welcome.

New cars with paper plates scare me the most and seem to ride the tow truck early in the day.
    AtomII #73 for sale, PM for details.

Turning money into smoke and noise since 2006.
    Member "I drove the Brammo mule with Tom S." club.

Country
    United States
    A Miata IS a real sports/race car. They are very capable. Matter of fact,I own one, A Prius is NOT a race car...not even close.Neither is an old crapped out automatic Subaru wagon.They do not belong on a race track (except to be run over by a monster truck) I guess you would be OK with allowing dump trucks to drive on track? Yes,there are high performance trucks..but in general,they are for hauling dirt or towing.

My point is, there is NOT ONE road racing track that I know of that will even allow a trike on its surface,other than parade laps..so why would this article call one a "Track Machine"?
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; July 30, 2014 at 04:09 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    You sure it's not the new T-Rex. Maybe polaris bought em out.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Anybody drive one yet? Feedback?

Ion
    Country
    United States
    I have traded emails with two dealers. They will not have these until early October.
    Not a great time for the Northwest dealers. (may need to fly to Texas)

Country
    United States
    We are offering to Polaris to buy as many of the Slingshots as we can get, as soon as we can get them, but they have not told us yet how many or exactly when.

The only fair way we know how to handle sales on high-demand, short-supply vehicles like Ariel Atoms and now the Slingshot, is to let the first-received deposit take the first vehicle available, second deposit received gets the second vehicle available, and so on.

We have had a lot of Slingshot inquiries so far, but no deposits yet.

Anyone wanting to discuss these are welcome to call me, my dealership co-owner Trey Sralla, or Monty Long, our sales manager. Our Eddie Hill's Fun Cycles: Wichita Falls: ATV's, 4-Wheelers, Parts & Accessories dealership phone is 940-322-4121.

Eddie
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha

Country
    United States
    I used to think Texas was one of the last bastions of freedom.....

Texas puts three-wheeler in legal limbo | Fox News

UPDATE: I heard that the State is working with Polaris to write an amendment to the existing legislation.
    Last edited by jlester; November 19, 2014 at 07:38 AM.

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Upgrades for the Polaris Sling shot thru Hahn race craft.

Slingshot SST TurboSystem from Hahn!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast