United States

Atom 2 windshield wanted

Anybody have one for sale? Ready to buy asap. Thx

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jcpca356 View Post
    Anybody have one for sale? Ready to buy asap. Thx
    If you don't get any hits on here, I would call TMI, simply because it's shipped or rather freighted in a VERY large container on a pallet, not saying any normal joe schmo couldn't set that up, but it's boxed up in wood, not cardboard and quite a bulky item which would get damn expensive to try to ship.

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Ended up ordering from TMI... expensive but hope it's worth it

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    Jcpca356, I am considering the windshield option. I thought it would have been my first move after buying my Atom 2 but I have enjoyed driving the atom with a full face helmet. My girl friend does not like it because she cannot talk to me......one more advantage! (just kidding, sort of) I only live an hour from TMI so at least I want have to pay for the freight but it is so costly and I am not sure it will be worth it. I would love to know how it fits, do you also need another nose bonnet and whether you think it is worth the price.
    thanks
    GuyIII

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyIII View Post
    Jcpca356, I am considering the windshield option. I thought it would have been my first move after buying my Atom 2 but I have enjoyed driving the atom with a full face helmet. My girl friend does not like it because she cannot talk to me......one more advantage! (just kidding, sort of) I only live an hour from TMI so at least I want have to pay for the freight but it is so costly and I am not sure it will be worth it. I would love to know how it fits, do you also need another nose bonnet and whether you think it is worth the price.
    thanks
    GuyIII
    you get another nose panel with it, you also get a relocation bracket to move the clutch and brake reservoirs behind the gauge cluster. If you have an atom 2 this will likely cause them to leak so you may want to disconnect the reservoirs from the hoses before turning them 180 to attach to the gauge cluster.

on my 2 I had to do quite a bit of adjusting to make it work but once it was done it was great, I would have taken it to TMI for installation had that been an option as their expertise in fitting these would have assured a great fit.

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Sorry, I ended up returning the windshield after deciding to sell the car