Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heaviest passenger you'd consider?

Electron
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States

Heaviest passenger you'd consider?

Well, thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States

Electron
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    wow....and the car survived that eh

Country
    United States
    ^KRIKEY! Talk about upsetting the weight balance..! I had someone just over 330lbs in my Atom at an Autocross..I thought the tub seat was surely going to break..CREAK-CREAK-CREAK every time we came around a cone. Almost took a crane to get him out..he had molded into place…
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    Mark is being over dramatic, Brammo benches hold over 400lb although fitment is an issue prior to that weight. The wide bench holds no more weight just 4" wider. A strong big man has no issue getting in and out. The individual seating is uncomfortable way before 350lb

Country
    United States
    "Mark is being over dramatic" Pish posh! All I stated was the truth.

"brammo benches hold over 400lb"

I weigh 245lbs and the passenger was 330lbs; that is a combined weight of 575lbs..quite a bit over 400lbs. and that seat was creaking like and old wooden sail boat in a hurricane!
    Last edited by MadMaxAtom; June 19, 2014 at 03:11 AM.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Electron
    Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    yeah, I was thinking 200 per seat would be the designed capacity

Country
    United States
    I am well over your 330 myself and drive it all the time. I have seen over 700 lb combined right and left so yes you were being over dramatic. No creaking either. I have seen over 400 lb per side, I am sure it was over design, but the car didn't creak or complain
    Last edited by Norm; June 19, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Country
    United States
    Well..my seat creaks and squeaks....scrunch-schrunch-scrunch on every turn.Maybe because it was during a very aggressive autocross and I was on my super sticky tires..so there was a lot of weight transferring back and forth. I gave the big guy one run and done! I MUCH prefer the 110lb riders that squeal and shriek..

Country
    United States
    A big guy that squeals and shrieks would be funny though. If we are looking for records here the number is 425 lb one side which is going to be hard to beat without the big seat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast