Thread: Need help sourcing pulley

Up Quark
    Country
    United States

Need help sourcing pulley

I have a Brammo Atom 2, 245 hp with supercharger. The supercharger crapped out on me. To keep it simple, I got a new GM supercharge like what was originally on the car. The original Brammo pulley is smaller than what normally comes with the new supercharger and I want to keep it the same size as the Brammo pulley so that I do not have to re-tune the car.
    The pulley on the old supercharger had seized up and will not come off with a pulley puller, 30,000 pound press, with our without heat ect....

So, I need to find a pulley that is the same size as the original pulley that Brammo put on the supercharger.

Does anyone know where I can find one???
    Thanks
    cap

Country
    United States

Re: Need help sourcing pulley

I will check when I get home, but, I think mine was attached when I sold the M62

Country
    United States

Pretty sure stock LSJ is 3.4" and stage 2 is 3.1". ZZ performance sells a modular pulley setup that can swap pulleys without a puller...or they might sell you a stock stage 2 press-on pulley as well. They are a good outfit. link---> http://www.zzperformance.com/cobalt_ion ... &catid=188

Too bad I did not know you needed a blower as I have a 250 mile take-off sitting on my shelf,which has a 3.1" pulley...
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States

Forgive me if I'm way off base here, but would this also be of any help?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy-Co ... _500wt_975
    "Opportunities do not come to those who wait; they are captured by those who attack."

Country
    United States

I just looked at the pictures from my eBay sale. Mine is gone

Country
    United States

Gage..that's the same setup my above link brings you to...same company too....made by ZZperformance ( although...about $10 bucks cheaper.. :P )

You can actually run the stock 3.4" pulley that came with the blower,although..in theory...it should make less power, as there will be less boost at the same engine rpm. Because the ECM/air flow meter reads air flow, spinning the blower slower will mean it uses a lower point on the existing fuel map.
    You would have to retune and move to larger injectors (possibly) if you went to a smaller than the stage 2 (3.1") pulley that you had,let's say a 2.7 (more boost per engine rpm) However,because of the poor brammo Atom intercooler setup,spinning the blower faster does not always mean more power,as the elevated intake temps (and timing reduction)tend to negate any additional boost benefit.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Neutrino
    Country
    United States

I posted on the other forum, I have both stock stage 2 and stage 3 pulleys' from brammo cap can have either one.

the one that matches his old one is stage 2 b/c he has the TMI car from the ariel atom driving thingy

Fermion
    Country
    United States