Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help with options please?

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Im scared to drive on the michigan roads because of the potholes.
    bilde.jpg

pothole2.jpg

Good thing the Atom steering is quick!!!!!!!!

Country
    United States
    Just like when out riding my motorcycle…avoid potholes! C'mon you guys..why buy a high performance driving machine and drive over (or into..) things when you can stop on a dime or turn like you are on rails? I am a LOT more afraid of other drivers than inanimate objects.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
    So are the optional bellcrank and rod ends "stronger" than the standard versions?
    I believe the needle bearing ones that are the current upgrade option on both TMI and UK cars just require less force to rotate. The bellcrank body is the same material. You should confirm with TMI, of course. You might also ask them if they will send you a picture of frame damage that a non-billet bellcrank would have prevented.

The race rod ends are stronger. Whether that matters or not is subject to interpretation. One of the vendors for rod ends that both TMI and the UK use is Aurora. Standard is AM-/AB- parts. Race is PRM-/PRB- parts. Many of us run the race ones for an extra safety margin, since some number of Brammo cars (the previous US manufacturer) were built with incorrect SPM-/SPB- parts. You may have heard the phrase "lawn mower". That came about due to my visit to Aurora in 2007, where the whole company came out to look at my Atom. I talked with each employee. One of them asked a manager "Aren't those the ones we sell for lawn mowers?" I asked her what she did, and she said she cleaned up the shavings that came off the end mills. So, basically, even the cleaning lady knew they were the wrong part. Again, this does not affect TMI cars.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    Just like when out riding my motorcycle…avoid potholes! C'mon you guys..why buy a high performance driving machine and drive over (or into..) things when you can stop on a dime or turn like you are on rails?
    As an example, at exit 15E on the NJ Turnpike, a truck had broken down on the ramp to 1&9 north. The police were forcing the single lane of traffic up over the curb and onto the median to go around. No choice. $h!t happens. Be prepared.

Country
    United States
    "$h!t happens. Be prepared." I agree. Stronger components that will not fail when stressed is exactly what I am talking about. I'll choose A little extra margin of safety vs. having a known weak link in the setup....a no brainer for me..
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123