Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPA Microdash Fuel Gauge

Country
    United States

SPA Microdash Fuel Gauge

I have the SPA Microdash on my UK Atom 2 and I am hoping someone that also has the SPA Microdash can provide some input on the fuel level.

On my scrollable display, there is an entry for "FL" which does have some numbers after it. However, these numbers don't seem to change whether I drive it or fill it up. Of note, I have not put more than 60 miles on the vehicle in one sitting (only had plates on it for a few months).

I have read through the manual, but I am still lost. Could it be that the SPA Microdash is receiving the fuel level signal, but there is an issue reading the fuel level in the tank?

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by jlester; April 16, 2014 at 01:32 PM.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    My fuel level is all over the place. It'll register full and after a drive to the office, it'll drop half a tank, and then register full again.

I need to keep an eye on my odometer & fuel fillup data better.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jlester View Post
    I have the SPA Microdash on my UK Atom 2 and I am hoping someone that also has the SPA Microdash can provide some input on the fuel level.
    Your best be would be the UK factory. The Brammo cars had a different gas tank and (more importantly) a different fuel level sensor (from the EM Ecotec fuel pump / integrated sender). Here's what I have on my [ex] Atom, though yours will likely be very different.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    Have you checked the ohms on the sending unit? or the grounding wire? I believe the ohms at full should read 44 ohms and 285 ohms at empty.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    My fuel level is all over the place. It'll register full and after a drive to the office, it'll drop half a tank, and then register full again.

I need to keep an eye on my odometer & fuel fillup data better.
    that's a simple fix on the regular dash, I can't recall if it's on this forum or Lane's page or Terry's page but there's directions on how to fix that.

once fixed it's very accurate.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Atommatt View Post
    Have you checked the ohms on the sending unit? or the grounding wire? I believe the ohms at full should read 44 ohms and 285 ohms at empty.
    I haven't, but I'll see if I can check the ohms this weekend. It's not a big deal, but it would be nice to have an accurate fuel level reading. Thank you all for the pointers!

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    that's a simple fix on the regular dash, I can't recall if it's on this forum or Lane's page or Terry's page but there's directions on how to fix that.
    There is no hysteresis setting on the Microdash, so the reading can't be leveled out like it can on the Kitdash.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Kennedy View Post
    There is no hysteresis setting on the Microdash, so the reading can't be leveled out like it can on the Kitdash.
    hence why I wrote "standard dash"

but, obvious to me now is you wouldn't have posted the fix because duh you have the microdash so must be on Lane's page

Country
    United States
    but, obvious to me now is you wouldn't have posted the fix because duh you have the microdash so must be on Lane's page
    Could be, but it won't help the OP because he has a UK Atom (Dingo's old car?) with a Microdash.

Electron
    Country
    United States

once fixed it's very accurate.
    Thanks for the point in the right direction. I found Lane's thread and made my adjustments by setting segment one to 31 liters / 249 ohms and then zero'ing out segments two thru five. I adjusted the avg fuel time to 30 seconds from 10. It was a happy medium between Lane's and yours.

I did find one thing odd. The empty tank resistance can only be set to an integer on mine. I'm not sure how he's setting it to 40.5. I can only do 40 or 41. I left it at 40 as default. Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast