Thread: Front and rear spoiler

Down Quark
    Country
    United States

Front and rear spoiler

Hi !
    Looking to buy a AA, however most of them don't have the font and rear spoiler.
    Want to know if it can be buy them after somewhere, and if its easy to install.
    Also how much should I expect to pay. ( it just look so much nicer )

Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Welcome gkennedy.

They're really not spoilers, they're wings. While a spoiler attempts to reduce drag by shaping the airflow, a wing uses airflow to create downforce and improve traction & handling.

In addition to the factory offering a carbon fiber set as an option ($$), I've seen them offered by Skunkwerks and Sector111. Buying them prefab is certainly the easiest when it comes to installation.

A number of us have made our own and a forum search will turn those up. Information about the front & rear wings I put together can be found on the other forum here. More info on construction and materials used can be found on my site in the front wing and rear wing photo galleries.

Even though I got a set mainly for function, they do add a lot to the car for appearance. While I used to get a lot of people who commented that the car looked like a big go-kart when I first got it (no wings), adding them pretty much eliminated those comments.
    Ariel Atom 2, Ecotec 300, owner since 2007. Drive, Detail, Improve, Repeat. Visit my website.

Down Quark
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Welcome gkennedy.

They're really not spoilers, they're wings. While a spoiler attempts to reduce drag by shaping the airflow, a wing uses airflow to create downforce and improve traction & handling.

In addition to the factory offering a carbon fiber set as an option ($$), I've seen them offered by Skunkwerks and Sector111. Buying them prefab is certainly the easiest when it comes to installation.

A number of us have made our own and a forum search will turn those up. Information about the front & rear wings I put together can be found on the other forum here. More info on construction and materials used can be found on my site in the front wing and rear wing photo galleries.

Even though I got a set mainly for function, they do add a lot to the car for appearance. While I used to get a lot of people who commented that the car looked like a big go-kart when I first got it (no wings), adding them pretty much eliminated those comments.
    Your are right say spoiler but I means wings...
    You say it right it eliminate the go-kart look.

Thanks for the info