Thread: SRA 52 Finally Home

Up Quark
    Country
    United States

SRA 52 Finally Home

Just took delivery last week. First track day is April 12. Looking forward to putting some laps in. Nice job by Mark and Shaun at TMI building me the car and modifying the seat for my 245 pounds. They came through 100% and Mark even delivered the car to me in Pittsburgh when the trailer driver injured his arm.

.SRA52.jpg

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Congrats! I see in the pic you have fenders and aeroscreens, did you add them or are they stock on the new SRA?
    (ps. your car looks just like mine, I'm SRA #28)

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    I had them add the fenders and screens. Some of the tracks that I will do HPDE days at do not allow open wheel cars. They seem to easy enough to remove, but I'll keep them on to start.
    Thanks

Electron
    Country
    United States
    I had NorCal NASA give me some grief up at Sonoma one time, but they let me go out with everyone. Their rules don't specifically ban open wheels in HPDE (AFAIK) but they do ban Formula cars. As long as you can explain to them it's not a Formula car (not in any officially accepted way it's not) then you might be ok. Arizona NASA didn't see to care one way or the other so it really seems to just depend on how strict your local group's interpretation of those rules are, if you buddy up with them and don't crash you can likely lose the fenders in time. Others (none NASA) don't bother me about it ever.

HPDE is an absolute riot in an Atom... there's no better feeling than lapping a GTR, Corvette or even a GT3 or Ferrari depending on what track you're at and how good the other driver is.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Buckingham View Post
    HPDE is an absolute riot in an Atom... there's no better feeling than lapping a GTR, Corvette or even a GT3 or Ferrari depending on what track you're at and how good the other driver is.
    Amen to that, brother. Last time out at Eagles Canyon raceway in Texas, it felt really good to have a very high-dollar McLaren point me by, and then get further behind in my mirrors, with each lap, until I could no longer see it behind me. This with my 2012 Ariel Atom 3 demonstrator/company car, all stock except for track DOT tires on light wheels, and muffler removal. Big fun.
    Eddie FourFather Hill
    Top Fuel Champion on land and water
    www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com since 1966
    Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha