Thread: trickle charger?

Electron
    Country
    United States

trickle charger?

Any particular trickle charger you guys recommend? Or don't recommend?

Country
    United States
    Battery Tenders have worked for me for over 30 years. I have dozens of them.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Down Quark
    Country
    United States
    Deltran Battery Tender, they last forever & will not cook your battery. I've been using them on my bikes & boats for many years. The company, Deltran, is awesome also. A few years back I misplaced one of the removable pigtails with the battery clips on it, it also comes with a piece you can permanently mount on your battery that plugs directly into the charger. I called them to see if I could order a new one. The girl on the phone tells me she would be happy to send out a replacement immediately at no charge, no problem. I told her, "It's my fault, it didn't break, I lost it". She didn't want my money! There's not too many companies left that treat customers that well.
    Last edited by Oldfart; March 5, 2014 at 08:52 PM.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    CTEK is what we use and I think that is what TMI recomends

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Battery Tender Jr. is all I use on all my batteries it will never overcook a battery like some "trickle" chargers because it has a built in system that completely shuts off charging untill voltage drops below a certain level so it will not overcharge.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Thanks. Battery Tender it is.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    Battery Tender Jr. is all I use on all my batteries it will never overcook a battery like some "trickle" chargers because it has a built in system that completely shuts off charging untill voltage drops below a certain level so it will not overcharge.
    As does the CTEK