Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Atom on E Bay

Country
    United States
    ^Agreed. When I sell a vehicle (I sell about 3 a month) as SOON as a deposit is placed on the car and a purchase and sales agreement is signed, the car does not move off the lot. As far as I am concerned,the vehicle is no longer mine; it is only in my custody until the balance is paid,and the owner picks up the vehicle. If the deal falls through,then the car is available again.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMaxAtom View Post
    ^Agreed. When I sell a vehicle (I sell about 3 a month) as SOON as a deposit is placed on the car and a purchase and sales agreement is signed, the car does not move off the lot. As far as I am concerned,the vehicle is no longer mine; it is only in my custody until the balance is paid,and the owner picks up the vehicle. If the deal falls through,then the car is available again.
    Ladies/Gentlemen: I was that earlier deposit and took the car home today. Posted my first impressions in the new member thread elsewhere. I don't mind the extra test drive. As I learned from this thread, and subsequent discussion with TMI this morning, this car (00050) was part of the AA Experience in its youth, so scores of folks drove it before I did. Also, my deposit was 'contingent' on sorting out my insurance and Dmv unknowns, so it wasn't yet a firm commitment. Insurance has been sorted nicely. DMV is still in the unknown camp, but I may have other state options besides just relying on my good looks at the NJ DMV counter. We shall see...
    Rob Linders likes this.

Particle
    Country
    United States
    Congrats! That car infected me and I am soon to be taking delivery of one of my own. Hope to see you on the road in nj! if your up for it hooked on driving is doing an hpde at njmsp on the 28th and my atom should be there.

Gluon
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac719 View Post
    Congrats! That car infected me and I am soon to be taking delivery of one of my own. Hope to see you on the road in nj! if your up for it hooked on driving is doing an hpde at njmsp on the 28th and my atom should be there.
    Thanks James, and congratulations to you too. Is there a link for that event? I have a few meetings that day I would have to rearrange but it's possible. I'm in Pittstown (near Clinton), where are you? Any other toys in the collection? I hang out with a very laid back C&C group in Bucks County every other Saturday. Our first meet should be this weekend, weather permitting. A nice drive, and a nice way to kill a couple of hours on a Saturday morning. Let me know if you'd ever like to check it out - some of the guys have some very interesting cars (e.g., one Carrera GT, an SSC Ultimate Aero, bunch of Ferraris/Lambos, Lotus, Morgans, Cobras, etc.). Sometimes we do a drive afterwards.

I'll let you know how I make out with NJ DMV.

Jim

Particle
    Country
    United States
    The hooked on driving group is a fantastic group of guys, I've done two events thus far and had a couple of VERY good instructors since I dont have a lot of track time. My first instructor really had to beat a few concepts into my head but as uncomfortable as it was to know that all the horsepower in the world wouldnt make me faster he made me a better driver. See the following link for the event on the 28th and 29th: High Performance Driving Schools, Lessons, Driving Experience, HPDE, Professional Driving School.

My toy box is getting kind of full right now and something will likely have to go after the Atom gets here but for now I've got a 2003 supercharged C5 (750rwhp), a 1997 twin-turbo ViperGTS (expecting the dyno to come out north of 1100 rwhp motor is just about done), and a 2014 Audi RS7 (daily driver). Located in Hillsborough, just moved from branchburg so I know exactly where you are. I'll PM you and see if we can get the atoms together soon!

My little girl (5) loves car shows and race events so I'd love to bring her to C&C out in Bucks sometime. I'll have to bring one of the other cars though as the wife is 100% against strapping her into the Atom for the foreseeable future.

James

Up Quark
    Country
    United States

Atom car seat

This is all you need!

buckle up1.jpg

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Semi-sorry to resurrect an old thread, but AA2 #50 sold for $24k(!) at a salvage auction a couple of weeks ago, and is now on a youtube channel. See the videos here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrQ-dwaI5I4
    and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6dFvfv7D8Q

Country
    United States
    Hahaha. Failed fuel pump gasket, clogged fuel socks... and Ecotec Supercharger/Tune issues. Brammo strikes again, 13 years later.

Today's update:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaE6fwSBC-I

Guy seems enthusiastic about his new AA2.

Country
    United States
    I posted on his YT page offering some help/guidance and suggested he sign up here and on the FB Ariel Atom page.
    FrankRizzo likes this.

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Knowing how those vloggers are, I sent him an e-mail saying "Look, I know you could be doing this for views, and if that's the case, when you stop getting them, let me know, I'm interested in buying it when you're done."

No response to that e-mail as of now. I hope he DOES show up here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast