Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Atom on E Bay

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    When I asked the seller what state it was previously titled/registered in, he was very indirect with his reply. He simply stated it will come with a PA title, however, I highly doubt he will be able to supply a PA title. Pennsylvania is not particularly Atom friendly to say the least. (I know first hand!)

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    It's into the $40,000 range with three days to go and an asking price of $48,000 so it may sell.

the importance of an AAE car is this

it was tracked exclusively for most likely thousands of miles, but during that time TMI took care of the maintenance so whether it's had any issues or not, you can bet during TMI's ownership it was taken care of.

You can see whomever bought it off TMI several years ago, added the HID headlights and changed the mirrors from color matched spa mirrors which is what those AAE cars came with to the smaller newer spec mirrors.

There's not a huge benefit for a dealer to put new tires on a car, that's just hundreds more dollars to invest on an object they are selling and just because there's track debris on them, doesn't mean they are toast yet.

that's my take. seeing what I see.

Positron's atom is still for sale and you can bet there's no guesswork on the maintenance of that car, it's going to be as fresh as a new atom.

Particle
    Country
    United States
    Took a ride in this car today. It was visceral experience but the plexiglass they added to the side was weird and the car does show quite a bit of track wear and tear. Nothing makes make me think its mechanically compromised but not a fan of the sales people or process. Long story but they already took someone else's deposit before I came in (didnt tell me there was another party) and they eventually contacted the original buyer, I almost feel like they leveraged me to extract more money from the original person. If by any chance you committed to buy this car today and paid more than you originally offered I'm sorry, call them back and dont pay more than your first offer.

Country
    United States
    The Lexan sides are nice for keeping debris coming off the front tires out of your lap. Maybe the other buyer had a first refusal deal. If not,and they had a solid deal with a deposit paid,I'd say you lucked out. Only a sleazy dealer would allow someone else to drive a car on deposit (without the new owners approval) in my opinion.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    agree with mad max on that one. what is the point of the deposit if it can still be test driven by others?

Particle
    Country
    United States
    No doubt the dealer was sketchy, I didnt drive the car the dealer took me out as a passenger. But didnt mention the other "deposit" until after I produced my checkbook. I wouldn't have wasted my time if I knew the car was spoken for. Oh well, the experience has unfortunately given me Atom fever, and am now fighting with the wife over ordering a new one from FourFather.

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac719 View Post
    I didnt drive the car the dealer took me out as a passenger.
    This is actually pretty common. In the UK, reports of new owners wiping out within a mile of leaving the factory are common - and that's people who you'd think would be gentle with a car they'd just paid for. For private sellers, there is also the issue that they may not want to demonstrate the car's full performance on streets near where they live

I'm reminded of this clip from Clear and Present Danger: http://movieclips.com/GrAw-clear-and...ar-helicopter/

Country
    United States
    Cute movie clip..

Yea,an Atom can be a handful. It is..demanding,if given the spurs on the first ride...
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Particle
    Country
    United States
    Completely understood the fact that the dealer would be reticent to allow me to test drive the car myself, although I thought I might have been given SOME credit for showing up in my RS7; but either way it would have been a nightmare for him if I wrapped it around a tree so I understand his position. I was just incredibly disappointed in walking away empty handed and deceived. I wish the new owner a lot of luck with the car, she was beautiful.

Country
    United States
    Shouldn't have been driven at all once the deposit is placed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast