Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Testing ABS on Atoms

Fermion
    Country
    United States

Country
    United States
    Interesting. 3% better lap times is nothing to sneeze at..but I don't know about adding all that complexity to the very simple Atom. Yes,I do see the advantages of modern ABS systems on both the street and track...but I'm not sold on it for motorcycles or Atoms. It does add substantial cost,some weight and much complexity. I guess buyer demand will be the deciding factor in the end.
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Country
    United States
    That's neat! However, that sort of thing is already available on other production cars. Personally, I don't think they should be put on atoms for "faster lap times." There are racecars and highly computerised/farkled production cars that are faster than Atoms 'round tracks. If you want to mould the Atom into something it's really not, then have fun; I think it takes away from the purely analog experience.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    The Bosch M4 system was designed for race cars not street/production cars.

Country
    United States
    Ya, I get that. I don't think the Ariel is a racecar though. It's a toy. When racing with other cars subscribing to a set of rules on a track, an Atom with ABS will not be as fast as a dedicated racecar built to a set of rules, with ot without ABS.

So if you want a faster Atom for the track, then ABS mgiht be a great addition but I think it detracts from the analog experience. It's the antithesis of a GTR that's bristling with technology that allows it to go fast despite its mass and gross power where the driver's nearly a passenger.

So if you want a fast "racecar" then I think you should get a real racecar not an Atom.

That's just my opinion though.

Particle
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by McFred View Post
    Ya, I get that. I don't think the Ariel is a racecar though. It's a toy. When racing with other cars subscribing to a set of rules on a track, an Atom with ABS will not be as fast as a dedicated racecar built to a set of rules, with ot without ABS.

So if you want a faster Atom for the track, then ABS mgiht be a great addition but I think it detracts from the analog experience. It's the antithesis of a GTR that's bristling with technology that allows it to go fast despite its mass and gross power where the driver's nearly a passenger.

So if you want a fast "racecar" then I think you should get a real racecar not an Atom.

That's just my opinion though.
    Yes I can see them described more as a track car than a race car but in a pinch...
    Traction control, particularly in the rain, would be valuable.

Fermion
    Country
    United States
    Bosch M4 ABS OPTIONS:
    Software package Traction control (ASR)
    includes unlocking of software, map switch to
    select one of the nine preconfigured control settings,
    CAN module
    on request

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Can I get an heater and A/C as well?

Those are called summer and winter.

Starting the countdown to ownership

Country
    United States
    Why stop there? May as well add power steering,power brakes,6 disk cd, power windows,power locks,tilt wheel (actually that's not a bad idea) cruise control,auto dimming lights,rear defroster,power moon roof…ad nauseam..

"Those are called summer and winter"…Ha..!
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast