Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New forum member

Particle
    Country
    United States

New forum member

Hi folks,

Looking at buying an atom for my growing bucket list of cars that I've owned or own...99 ACR Viper, 09 Nissan GT-R, 01 Hummer H1, ??? Atom next? I'll probably be more of a lurker than a poster around here but I'm happy to join and say hi.

Take care,

Mini

Particle
    Country
    United States
    I'd like to quickly add that I'm trying to understand how to register an atom in Texas (used out of state, used in state, new). I understand that registration may have become more difficult in 2013. Please PM me with any useful tips/info. Thank you

Hmmm. Do we know any fellows with an atom in Texas?

Starting the countdown to ownership

Electron
    Country
    United States
    There was clarification recently about the 2013 Texas registration issue. I think it does allow Atoms to be registered easier now.

My atom was purchased used and had a TX title in a past life so it made it really easy to bring back in state. Just needed to provide a green sheet inspection.

Particle
    Country
    United States
    Thanks Napalm! From what I've been reading it sounds like there is some light at the end of the tunnel. That said if Texas fails I could potentially give Louisiana a shot. I may PM some of you guys about the green sheet inspection and stuff like how you handled "windshield wipers". I might solve it by buying windshield anyway, but knowing how lazy I am about mods to vehicles I'd like to drive it without the windshield... Thanks for the help! I know this is a small community, and with such low numbers helpful owners are always a major plus.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Windshield wipers are only a requirement if it came with them. The wording lets the Atom slip thru.

This is also a good thread to read about the TX registration issue:

http://www.locostusa.com/forums/view...p?f=37&t=15348

Make sure you read the whole thread to understand it. There's some good info towards the very end.
    Last edited by Napalm; February 10, 2014 at 10:12 AM.

Country
    United States
    mini viper, I sent you a PM on this topic.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jlester View Post
    mini viper, I sent you a PM on this topic.
    if Texas fails just do Montana....or just do Montana anyways.

easy to register title, and no sales tax........just saying.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by silver View Post
    if Texas fails just do Montana....or just do Montana anyways.

easy to register title, and no sales tax........just saying.
    From what the guy that bought your car and registered it in Montana says they are not going to register anymore Atoms there due to some new law, although that might have been a sales pitch from him to sell me the car for far more than he paid.

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    From what the guy that bought your car and registered it in Montana says they are not going to register anymore Atoms there due to some new law, although that might have been a sales pitch from him to sell me the car for far more than he paid.
    well ok

I would not chose a car because it's been registered before and think for even one second it makes any difference on me being able to register it...that's foolish on an atom, sure some people have gotten lucky and it helped like Napalm, however, that doesn't mean the next guy is going to be ok.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast