Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel

Country
    UK

Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel

Preliminary design shot:

Ignore the metal spacers in the center and the horn hole/screw fittings. I was trying to accommodate something else but it wasn't working out so final design will be like original wheel design in the center.

Will come as carbon only (as above) and also with real suede around the rim section. Getting made with black, yellow, red and blue stitching options. Should be here in about 6 weeks and will cost about $380 for the full carbon one and $450 (for forum members) for the one wrapped in suede and stitched.

I've made the wheel slightly bigger than the original to try to accommodate the visibility issues a lot of people seem to have and also to allow a chunkier grip so teh car feels a bit more substantial in your hands.

This ones made from high modulus carbon fiber so will be very very strong.

If anyone has any specific stitching color requirements feel free to PM me.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    you are my hero!
    the high profile toy thrower

Blog Entries
    Country
    United States
    My next birthday gift to my self. You think you could fit the Dash 2 in the upper section of the steering wheel?

Electron
    Country
    United States
    3 queations: 1. Would this be in USD or BP? 2. And what would be the shipping on this? 3. Does the cover wrap around everything?

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Atommatt View Post
    My next birthday gift to my self. You think you could fit the Dash 2 in the upper section of the steering wheel?
    I could supply you with some velcro?

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
    3 queations: 1. Would this be in USD or BP? 2. And what would be the shipping on this? 3. Does the cover wrap around everything?
    The price is USD, it would be 250-300 in GBP. Delivery to the states with FedEx will probably be around $30. Just the rim is covered, the center spokes are still exposed to show the carbon fiber. I was contemplating on putting breaks in the suede on the rim but decided against it for the time being.

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Sign me up for a bare one when it is released.

Country
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by atom ant View Post
    Sign me up for a bare one when it is released.
    Will do!
    My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
    Ariel Atom Parts and Upgrades / Race Technology Dash2

Country
    UK
    These have just turned up. Limited stock as most pre-sold. Can supply drilled or undrilled to suit your fitting.

The suede ones are a bit delayed as I wasn't happy with the fixing of the suede so they have gone back to the factory to be redone. Hopefully will be back with me in a month or so.

I've managed to stick close to the original estimate price on these, forummers price is $399 (USD). Not sure how much delivery will show on the website but if it looks stupid, let me know and I'll sort it out. Available here:
    Ariel Atom Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel

I am very very happy with how these have turned out. I was worried that a light steering wheel would somehow reduce the feel in the hand of the car when driving but its not the case at all. The chunky grip really does the trick if you're used to the BMW M-Tec steering wheels and the likes.

Country
    UK
    I would post pictures of it fixed in to the car but my cars in pieces at the moment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast