Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally Got an Atom!

Up Quark
    Country
    United States

Finally Got an Atom!

So I finally won an atom on Ebay

Other Makes | eBay

I just wanted to confirm that everything listed on the advert is in fact correct and that it is the 300HP engine?

If you guys do not mind lending some assistance I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you gentlemen

EDIT : VIN A2RTB2SSK6A000055

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Forgot to say I googled the VIN and someone stated it had the 205hp engine on this forum....

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    Congrats!
    You could call up TMI and get the details. its one of their old Ariel experience cars.

They should be able to supply you a rear tea tray (engine cover).

Look there is still pressure in the oil accumulator. Someone knows how to maintenance it. (yes I used it as a verb)

the high profile toy thrower

Up Quark
    Country
    United States
    Looks like they are closed for the day, will give them another ring tomorrow.

Awesome as far as the verb usage goes!

Is there anything I need to pay particular attention to when I go in for the final purchase?

I obviously need to verify that it does in fact have the 300HP engine, but anything else? I am assuming a test drive on something so primal would reveal any defects?

Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladen View Post
    Forgot to say I googled the VIN and someone stated it had the 205hp engine on this forum....
    Yes, it was built as a 205HP car. But it was also built without lights / turn signals. Someone upgraded it along the way (as has happened with many of these older cars). There isn't a lot of CARFAX history on this (only 9 records), but you should be able to get the dealer to give you the report rather than having to pay for it.

Neutron
    Country
    United States
    You wont be able to verify if it has 300 hp by looking it at. It would be the injectors, tune and size of the pulley that would be different from the 205. The pulley on the supercharger is the same as the 245. So you are just taking their word that it is the 300 hp model. That's why it would be best to get the info on the car before it was sold. I dont think TMI had any 300 hp cars in their fleet. I guess you could measure the pulley and see what size it is. (I cant remember the size difference though)

My used car buying guide. You dont need to worry about the exhaust since it was already upgraded on this car.
    http://arielatomchat.com/forums/thread441.html
    the high profile toy thrower

Lepton
    Country
    United States
    Missing 2 fasteners on the "intake cowling" on the driver's side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladen View Post
    So I finally won an atom on Ebay

Other Makes | eBay

I just wanted to confirm that everything listed on the advert is in fact correct and that it is the 300HP engine?

If you guys do not mind lending some assistance I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you gentlemen

EDIT : VIN A2RTB2SSK6A000055

Neutrino
    Country
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bolus View Post
    You wont be able to verify if it has 300 hp by looking it at. It would be the injectors, tune and size of the pulley that would be different from the 205. The pulley on the supercharger is the same as the 245. So you are just taking their word that it is the 300 hp model. That's why it would be best to get the info on the car before it was sold. I dont think TMI had any 300 hp cars in their fleet. I guess you could measure the pulley and see what size it is. (I cant remember the size difference though)

My used car buying guide. You dont need to worry about the exhaust since it was already upgraded on this car.
    http://arielatomchat.com/forums/thread441.html

yeah you can, the 300 models have 3 dots on the pulley, the 245 has 2 dots, the 230 has 1 dot and the 205 has no dots

Electron
    Country
    United States
    Congrats!

Country
    United States
    "the 300 models have 3 dots on the pulley, the 245 has 2 dots, the 230 has 1 dot and the 205 has no dots"

Only if the Atom came from brammo in that tune,as GM doesn't mark their pulleys,so if the car were upgraded with a GM kit,it won't have any marks. The 300hp pulley is just under 3" in diameter in the GM kit.

Stock Pulley is 85.09mm (3.35 inches)

Stage 2 Pulley is 77.9mm (3.0669 inches)

Stage 3 Pulley is 76mm (2.9921 inches)
    The power of an Atom is a terrible thing to waste! Atom owner/operator since 2007. The more you chase perfection,the faster it becomes. John Force for President! (I asked him once in person...he laughed)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast