Country
    United States

Re: Twin Turbo Hartley

I'm using firefox 4

what you using?

Country
    United States

Actually, the same. I miss my refresh button on the left ....

Neutron
    Country
    United States

Chrome
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States

Hell you will Chrome or Polish anything

Neutrino
    Country
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Norm
    Actually, the same. I miss my refresh button on the left ....

actually I updated to firefox 4.0 on my laptop, then when I realized aerofox wouldn't run on it, I did NOT update on the main PC.

why do they do that....dumbasses.

Neutron
    Country
    United States

The nice thing about Chrome is I can install it without administrator privileges. This stupid work computers still have IE6. I like chrome better than FF4 as well.
    the high profile toy thrower

Country
    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Norm
    I see four .... I always preview. I just tried it on IE and I got it blocked like you show, ... and that is why I don't use IE
    While you're entitled to bash IE as much as you want, this isn't an IE problem. As we say in the tech support business, "The problem is between the keyboard and the chair".

Let me explain... You view an article on Site X. Your browser downloads and caches any inlined images, as well as other stuff required to render the page. Whenever your browser sees a future request for the image at that URL, it serves it from its cache and doesn't go to the original site. [There are some subtleties we won't get into here, such as checking date-last-modified.]

You posted links to the images on Site X in a post here. Your preview (and any further views of that post by you) pull the images out of your local browser's cache. Again, it doesn't go and ask Site X for the images.

Everone else's browser, not having the images from Site X cached, goes to Site X. Site X, pissed off because people are linking to its images, disallows requests which have a HTML Referer: tag that doesn't include Site X. If Site X just says "buzz off", users will get the "broken image" icon for whatever browser they're using. If Site X is really evil, they will serve a different image to the browser if the Referer: tag isn't correct. This can have hilarious results, like eBay auction listings where all of the images are of unrelated stuff. Of course, since the "correct" images are in the cache of the user holding the auction, they'll never see it. In one famous case, an eBay image thief had all of his listing's images replaced with goatse. Note that I do NOT suggest you look that up if you don't already know what it is.
    An Atom Across America blog - http://www.atomacrossamerica.org Brammo Atom 300 Ecotec - 08/2006 build
    Note - if any image I included or link I posted is broken, change "tmk.com "to "glaver.org" in the URL to fix it.

Country
    United States

I was going to say that I didn't bash IE, but, I guess I did a bit. I just don't use it because it helps me not to do things that I want to do a little too often. Your explanation was what I thought was going on, I could have cleared the cash and seen the same result then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12